Algae on Rockwool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papaya123

Reaction score
I have some algae growin on two of my cubes, i shaved the infected area but i dont know if that will help. Any suggestions for prevention or how to? I also have some yellow specs on a couple of my leaves as well,
Additional Info:
PH 5.6
ppm 730
600 watter MH sitting 6 inches above the tallest plant
3 week from seedling
I will get some pics of that up

little yellow specs could mean bugs! check under leaves for mites...youll probably need mag. glass. tiny white balls are eggs. could also be that 600 is a little close(6in) and starting to bleach out leaves. and you already saw my algae comment. i've done 3 grows without doing anything about the algae on cubes but recently it was pointed out to me it could cause root problems, though i never had em.

You can use a trash bag just cut out little squares and tape them to the side f the cover, you just need to cover it so light don't hit it.

Thanks for the advice guys. I couldnt make it to a hydro ship since its sooo far away from me and gas being as ridiculous as it is so i ended covering it up with some mylar in the mean time. Here are some pics of the leaves with the yellow dots, you can make em out but hopefully that helps. I got some more recent pics of my plants in my journal if u guys want to check em out.

Closeup yellow dots.jpg

closeup yellowdot2.jpg

Latest posts

Back