All CFL Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan-2.6-

Toker ala Green
Reaction score
Sup guys,
Im lookin to set up a nice attic grow and i was wondering a few things:
1. The attic contains fiberglass insulation, should i seal off my grow area with plastic sheeting?
2. I am going to use a TON of CFL's and was wondering if over the period of 12 hours if the plants have a chance of becoming dry from the close-range CFLs within that period of time. (If that even matters lol)
3. I plan on goin with nirvana white widow and northern lights X Big Bud (has anyone ever tried NL x BB?)
4. Does anyone know where i can get a timer for flowering that'll automatically shut the lights off every 12 hours?
5. Could i grow straight from 5 gallon buckets w/o transplanting?? Or does transplanting really make a big difference to the plant?
Thanks guys
~Ethan

1) It would benefit you to cover surrounding areas with light reflective material so the light bounces back toward your plant.

2) Depends on the CFL's you use. If you're using the bigger coild ones that are 65 watt + then temps could go up a few degrees, but more likely than not your plants will not dry out in 12 hours. I water my rockwool plants by hand and under a 600w HPS they don't dry out in 12 hours and they're rather large plants.

3) Go with what you like!

4) You can get the timer at a pet store or any hardware store.

5) I don't see why not but I don't grow in soil. :D

I will use them for veg this grow but will change to mh next time. Cfl's do not put out the heat of other hid lamps but you have to still know the appropriate lumens for your grow area. I believe if you start with a 5 gal bucket of grow medium you will throw alot away if you have males. Most growers determine sex in smaller containers and then switch to the bigger(3-5) gallon buckets to hold what is kknown to be female, as the plant grows.. Reflective material is cheap and helpful so I would use it.

Thanks guys. I plan on lining it with A really shiny space blanket i found at walmart! XD I was also wondering does anyone know where i can get a "Y" lightbulb splitter like the ones ganja_greg has?

here are some pics of my small veg box. all the materials you see in it can be gotten at a place like Home Depot or Lowes. I recommend you use Armor coated wire (bx) 14/2, but none of my wiring is exposed, so I went with 14/2 lumex. stay away from extension cords, and use proper house wiring and appropriate electrical boxes and devices.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23230

i am doing a floresent grow, and with plants as close as one inche to the light, i put a fan on them or they get over 90 degrees, and i water once aday because the lights do dry them out.

Latest posts

Back