almost done?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubbfuzz

Reaction score
I went out and baught a mini microscope at radio shack today. it goes from 60x-100x magnifiation. When i got home i sniped a leaf off right near one of the budds and put it under the scope. I found that about 75-80% of the trichs were cloudy, a few amber, and even fewer were clear. Should i be about done or should i wait another week to harvest?

Its not gonna be a high yield but the potency is shure high!

wait until about 20-30% of the trichomes become amber, I'd say... if you like more of an upper high, harvest then... if you like more of a heavy stone, wait for the majority to amber.

should be done in about a week, if not a day or two earlier for it to get to the decision stage.

just watch the trichomes... you should be able to tell just by looking at it - no need for the microscope at this point.

rubbfuzz said:
I went out and bought a mini microscope at radio shack today. it goes from 60x-100x magnification. When i got home i sniped a leaf off right near one of the budds and put it under the scope. I found that about 75-80% of the trichs were cloudy, a few amber, and even fewer were clear. Should i be about done or should i wait another week to harvest?

Good for you man! You're doing it the right way.

1. Trichs clear = not ready. The THC is in it's purest form when clear. The plant is still making lots of new THC.

2. Trichs cloudy = If about half of the trichs are cloudy and half are clear, you've got the plant where the most energetic high will be for that plant. It will have a brain high, not a couch high.

3. Trichs are amber = If you like a body high, you want to harvest at about half cloudy, half amber trichs. The high will have a good brain high but also a couch lock high. The plant at this point isn't making much more THC. If you wait past this point, you'll be losing THC, not gaining it.

Latest posts

Back