Am I the only one who can't get high from EATING dope?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny the way people are different eh ? Ingesting weed hits me harder and longer than if I were smoking it. I never cook with it ... just pop a bud in the mouth and chew.

thanks for the interesting thread potus! Great read!

I was interested that people had said that your need to heat it to release the thc - cause I had never heard this before and it didn't make sense to me because i'm pretty sure if you picked some good ready bud fresh off a plant and ate it you'd probably get pretty high!

I think they mean that it has to be heated to dissolve in the peanut oil, not to get you high.

anywho..Ive made the crackers with organic P.B. several times and they work great for me, 220 degrees for 20 minutes... Got to be the Organic PB though!

if you don't mind me asking, why does it have to be organic pb?

Thorn said:
if you don't mind me asking, why does it have to be organic pb?

It doesn't.

thc is thc is thc is thc

If it goes into your body in a form that is still psychoactive, it'll get you high regardless of the method. Your body uses it via the blood/brain system. It can enter your system via injection, smoking, snorting, orally, anally or through your nostrils. It makes no difference.

Once it arrives at your bloodstream it's just thc and is handled exactly the same regardless of how it got there.

P.S. Please, don't anyone start shoving needles in their arm to get high. There's more to it than that. You would have to use a form of thc that could be injected.

Folks, for every true fact about marijuana, there are a hundred myths that are propagated continuously. Please, ask before you believe some baloney you hear.

Remember, the truth can be backed up by scientific facts that have been proven. Just because some guy says "Hey, it worked for me". Sometimes, the stories are just stories.

In today's world of medical nanotechnology, very little about MJ is unknown.

Peace folks.

thank you for clearing that up for us potus! :)

Rehab is for Quitters said:
Okay all, I have followed the directions to the letter on a completely empty stomach, and I still can't get baked from eating herb. I even used twice as much mj as the recipe called for. *** is wrong with me?? I would really like to get to the bottom of this...so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I really can't figure out why I'm not getting high.
how are you preparing the weed

POTUS: I don't know where the "has to be heated" crap was thought up, but it's pure unadulterated bull. Pure myth.

Please don't spread the bull. There are enough facts to use.

Anyone who feels that they can show any repeatable scientific facts that support the myth of thc having to be heated to have effect on humans can prove it simply by showing the study that says so.

Pretty funny. This has been covered about 100 times here.

I don't know about that...plain ingested cannabis WILL have an effect. There's a whole lot more stuff in "Weed" than just THC d-9. Usually more than 5 to 6 hundred depending on the strain. Sativa has more THC content than indica.

If you eat plain unground bud I am certain you will feel SOMETHING. But effects from THC...negative.

I am currently looking for the information I had when overgrow.com was still alive. I read a few different studies done in the US and another done by an international board. The studies proved that in fact THC does have to be heated, which converts it to a form the body can dissolve. THC alone, when properly extracted can resemble a heavy petroleum product, like tar almost. This substance is literally passed through your digestive system.

Regardless of the origin of the peanut butter it really does not make a diffrence. ALL peanuts have large amounts of fat in them. Ever seen one burn?

As soon as I can (If I can) locate the hard data or even a article I will post ti immediately to remove some doubt that I see here.

Even the ancients knew you had to heat Hashish to properly use it in an edible form. Moroccans for the most part still use heat in the hashmaking processes of old.

...and there is no need for the harsh talk here buddy. Plain and simple...some people just do not feel intoxicated, high, fuzzy or lightheaded from edibles. My brother and cousin are perfect examples. Yet my friend/associate cannot ingest cannabis, he immediately starts vomiting...but he can almost smoke anyone under the table.

Perhaps the fact that no two humans are the same can ease such rigidity.

T.E.G i understand there's hundreds of chemicals besides THC, CBD, CBN that we havent identified but from my readings on making cannabutter and cannaoil it says the thc has to be slowly simmered to release all the phycoactive compounds including the THC. im sure you could probably get high on just eating some grinded buds but nothing like say some brownies with cannaoil in them 1 brownie and im so bombed its almoast to much. all this talk on eating bud is getting me hungry i havent made any cannabis products in over a year its about time to make some cannabutter and some oil 1lb. of cannabutter last me like 2-3 months but i make it strong the butter is dark mint green when finished and a little goes a long way:hubba:

Here are a few tid-bit's I found:

Medical marijuana is also consumed orally, especially by long-term medical users with acute chronic conditions. In that method, as with oral pharmaceutical preparations, medical effectiveness depends on digestion and the individual's relative ability to absorb the medicinal compounds through the stomach lining. In general, marijuana that is eaten takes several hours for full effectiveness, but once absorbed, cannabis compounds may remain active in the body for an entire day or night. Eating marijuana can be even more medically effective than smoking or vaporizing, but usually requires the use of much greater amounts. For some patients, the slightly different effects of eating marijuana can be too overwhelming. For others, oral ingestion may be less effective in symptomatic relief than inhalation.

Concurrent use of pharmaceutical drugs may influence the bioavailability of cannabis - some drugs can deaden the body's ability to absorb cannabis compounds, creating the need for a higher-than-average dose level. Other patients depend on medical marijuana to keep from vomiting up their oral medications, and so their need for a specific dose of cannabis compounds may fluctuate with their body's day-to-day reaction to those nauseating pharmaceutical drugs. Marijuana is commonly used to offset the overwhelming side-effects of other drugs, and so the applicable dose range can vary widely. And even discounting the effects of other medications, cannabis may be more easily absorbed by some patients than others due to fundamental differences in individual metabolisms.

hxxp://www.cannabismd.org/foundation/useandcultivationlimits.php

This article is a bit long but still interesting:

A study published in the July issue of the Journal Anesthesiology discovered that oral cannabis (a form of medical marijuana) not only failed to alleviate certain types of pain in human volunteers but, surprisingly, it instead caused increased sensitivity to some forms of pain.

In their research, Birgit Kraft, M.D., and her colleagues from the Medical University of Vienna evaluated the analgesic potency of orally administered cannabis extract that included its main psychoactive component, Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).

"The surprising result of our study was the absence of any kind of analgesic activity of THC-standardized cannabis extract on experimentally induced pain using well-established human model procedures," said Dr. Kraft. "Our results also seem to support the impression that high doses of cannabinoids may even cause increased sensitivity in certain pain conditions."

In Dr. Kraft's study, 18 healthy female volunteers were given oral cannabis extract or active placebo and then evaluated for heat and electrical pain thresholds in skin areas of experimentally induced sun burn, an accepted approach to assessing responses to acute pain.

Previous studies have suggested that cannabis and THC may be effective in treating chronic pain, such as in cancer patients, patients with spinal cord injury, or those with multiple sclerosis. And, though inconsistent, some studies on patients with acute pain have suggested beneficial effects

Consistent with the uncertainty about oral cannabis ingestion evaluated in this study, there is also uncertainty in the research community as to whether inhaled cannabis might prove more efficacious for pain relief than orally ingested cannabis.

Dr. Kraft's results concerning oral cannabis for acute pain were seemingly conclusive. "From comparisons with previous clinical data, the lack of pain relief from the cannabis dosage and oral administration in our study cannot be considered the result of inadequate dosage or insufficient gastrointestinal absorption," said Dr. Kraft. "The high levels of THC detected in the blood of our subjects as well as the occurrence of typical THC side effects argue for sufficient availability, and thus we draw the conclusion that THC was not effective in treating acute pain."

Dr. Kraft stressed, however, that cannabis may still remain a viable option for certain types of chronic pain patients.

"Pain is a very complex and subjective phenomena," she said. "Chronic pain has not only been shown to lead to changes in peripheral and central neuronal processing, but also to be associated with psychosocial problems, physical disorders, and functional disabilities. Recent studies have indicated that cannabis can be effective in treating certain types of chronic pain and helping patients to cope by improving quality of life."

Dr. Kraft and her colleagues concluded that contemporary treatment strategies that rely on experimentally proven therapies still remain the best option for most patients suffering acute pain.

"In patients with acute pain, other analgesic drugs such as narcotics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) produce more reliable and potent analgesia," she said.

American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA)
520 N. Northwest Hwy.
Park Ridge, IL 60068-2573
United States

hxxp://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/112636.php

This study is just plain too big to show you...but it is a must read;

hxxp://www.ukcia.org/research/DifferentialEffects/

I am having trouble sorting through the thousands of conflicting studies to find one that states either way...I would definately like to know for sure one way or the other if non-converted THC d-9 in its plain form can be ingested...if so I will eat this entire 3 grams of kief I have in front of me that WAS going to be made into hash...

POTUS said:
It doesn't.

thc is thc is thc is thc

If it goes into your body in a form that is still psychoactive, it'll get you high regardless of the method. Your body uses it via the blood/brain system. It can enter your system via injection, smoking, snorting, orally, anally or through your nostrils. It makes no difference.

Once it arrives at your bloodstream it's just thc and is handled exactly the same regardless of how it got there.

P.S. Please, don't anyone start shoving needles in their arm to get high. There's more to it than that. You would have to use a form of thc that could be injected.

Folks, for every true fact about marijuana, there are a hundred myths that are propagated continuously. Please, ask before you believe some baloney you hear.

Remember, the truth can be backed up by scientific facts that have been proven. Just because some guy says "Hey, it worked for me". Sometimes, the stories are just stories.

In today's world of medical nanotechnology, very little about MJ is unknown.

Peace folks.

Stoney, everything you have posted makes perfect scientific sense to me. But do you know why the effect would be different if taken orally or inhaled? Why would you get a "different high" if you absorb the exact same drug thru your stomach lining vs thru your lungs? Is there a scientific explanation for this?

Also, you asked why in the world I would keep trying at this if it isn't working for me. Simple reason, I have kids and eating mj would me much more discreet imo. So if there is a way to make this work, I'd like to find it. It could be that I just don't absorb much thru my stomach lining. I've always been very thin and get teased because I eat like a cow. Not sure if that has any bearing, but I really would like to understand it, so everyone's comments are much appreciated.

"I've always been very thin and get teased because I eat like a cow. Not sure if that has any bearing..."

Absolutely!

It may be that you have a lightning fast metabolism and need to consume more.

What is your tolerance like?

I can consume amounts of food that would destroy your average human, yet have less than 2% body fat...I mean thin!

melissa said:
many moons ago was once in an unaviodable situation where i had to swallow a 1/4 of solid,after about 45-1hr i was totaly trolleyed and the police cell didnt seem to bad :giggle:

Only just noticed this post mel. Lol very funny! Musta beena bit of a lump to swallow! hehe :D

akirahz said:
Yo potus, how would i go about taking it anally? :rofl:

Yes I am definitely looking for a way to get thc into my system without smoking, but I think I'll pass on this method. :D

Latest posts

Back