Am I trippen or are these males?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megan23247

Sexy Female Grower
Reaction score
Ok my plants are now in day 7 of 12/12 and I think I see a couple males. :confused:

I just took a few pictures so maybe somebody can give me their opinion.

nuts 002.jpg

nuts 005.jpg

nuts 008.jpg

day6flower 047.jpg

nuts 004.jpg

Nice finger nails...Hard for me to tell other then the 3 pic looks like pistils..first 2 mayB Balls Lets see what the others say Im High

Here are some better pictures that may or may not help :eek:

So if I do end of having a few males which im sure I will, do I really just toss them out or can I just move them into another room with light? I hate the thought of having to just get rid of them considering how much time I really have spent making them look so good. And if I were to keep flowering the males (seperate from the females ofcourse) how good can I expect the yeild to be? In otherwords is it worth it or should I take my boyfriends advice and just them go?

Thanks in advance! :heart:

nuts 011.JPG

nuts 012.JPG

nuts 010.JPG

megan23247 said:
Here are some better pictures that may or may not help :eek:

So if I do end of having a few males which im sure I will, do I really just toss them out or can I just move them into another room with light? I hate the thought of having to just get rid of them considering how much time I really have spent making them look so good. And if I were to keep flowering the males (seperate from the females ofcourse) how good can I expect the yeild to be? In otherwords is it worth it or should I take my boyfriends advice and just them go?

Thanks in advance! :heart:

If you put them in a different room they will release pollen and it wont matter how careful you are, the pollen will find your girls and you will end up with all girls seeded, all you need to do is walk in a room with a mature male with open pollen sacks and the pollen will be airborn and attach to you and when you visit your girls you without knowing took the pollen to them.

Sorry friend...the only thing a male plant is good for is polination...KILL HIM..KILL HIM NOW!!!..Disapointing huh?..good job and better luck next time...What strain are you working with? you did get some females right? what was your ratio/ thanks and keep it GREEN

I have killed quite a few males, and I know how it feels to kill a plant that u spent so much time with. But it must be done, quick and painless, u will feel better after its done. I'm getting better at cloning, and thats the way to go. So be sure to take a few clones off your females before they go into flower. Then u don't have to worry about killing anymore. Peace. Oh I almost forgot, those are nice nails!

Yeppers,
Those are dangly's, and unless you desire lots of seeds then play benny hanna. Hack, slash, yank, and carefull where you dump them .:mad:
Leo see's no difference between males and females. That would be terrible to get popped while trying to get rid of them. I too put time in on them and found one male, and one hermie. Felt so ripped off and depressed, I think it's normal when you give out with all that tender care and love. :hairpull:

smoke in peace:bong1:
KingKahuuna

I think that it makes it a lot easier to kill the males when you realize that the smoke is no good. That and the fact that a seeded female crop will produce at least 50% less product (compared to a non-seeded harvest).

The only reason to hang on to a male is for seed production.

Ok Im takin everyones advice and throwin the males away! I think out of 6 seeds only one is goin to be female but im lucky to have even gotten her if I could do it over I would have ordered seeds BUT im learnin and I gaurantee my next grow is going to be MUCH better. Thanks for all your help.

Im off to bag the boys! lol

megan23247 said:
Ok Im takin everyones advice and throwin the males away! I think out of 6 seeds only one is goin to be female but im lucky to have even gotten her if I could do it over I would have ordered seeds BUT im learnin and I gaurantee my next grow is going to be MUCH better. Thanks for all your help.

Use this troubled grow as a learning experience :aok:

Yo Ho megan23247,

I think you can count it for the good though. You are learning what to look for, and after you see a couple of females, and a couple of males, you won't feel nervous about keeping an eye out, and you'll just get better and better.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

megan23247 said:

Well friend it looks like you got the bad ratio this grow...I hear it happens..but lets look at the poss...1 Female will produce lots of clones:hubba: and it is a learning curve..Now She gets spoiled huh?..take care of her and she will repay you in the end..Keep it GREEN:D

Just threw 2 boys out so that leaves me with one confirmed female, one showing signs of male, and one that I still cant tell what SHE is yet. :D

I'll know for sure by tomorrow what the final count is so I MIGHT end up with two females I sure hope, that would be awesome im excited about just the one female two would be great! I'll put some pictures up later tonight and get everyones opinion and make sure what I think is a female really is. ;)

I am ordering seeds ASAP! Gonna do a little research and see what looks good and user friendly etc then order. My boyfriend wants Northern Lights he used to live in Alaska (a bud friendly state :D ) and says its the best, personally I have always wanted to try some Blueberry Bud or something that gets the purple hair.

Any Suggestions on what I should buy and from who?

Thanks for everyones help and confirmation of the Males. This site is my best friend lately! :peace:

megan23247 said:
Just threw 2 boys out so that leaves me with one confirmed female, one showing signs of male, and one that I still cant tell what SHE is yet. :D

I'll know for sure by tomorrow what the final count is so I MIGHT end up with two females I sure hope, that would be awesome im excited about just the one female two would be great! I'll put some pictures up later tonight and get everyones opinion and make sure what I think is a female really is. ;)

I am ordering seeds ASAP! Gonna do a little research and see what looks good and user friendly etc then order. My boyfriend wants Northern Lights he used to live in Alaska (a bud friendly state :D ) and says its the best, personally I have always wanted to try some Blueberry Bud or something that gets the purple hair.

Any Suggestions on what I should buy and from who?

Thanks for everyones help and confirmation of the Males. This site is my best friend lately! :peace:

I hear Peak Seeds has a mean Northern/Blueberry mix. Good, inexpensive seeds from what I've read.

The selection of strain is a rather personal choice. Indica? Sativa? What kind of high do you want? How much room do you have? Do you need a low odor strain? Etc. Etc.

There are things you can do to help get more females. While I can't remember everything (I normally clone), I know that you should be able to find a thread on this. But it is stuff that is easily controllable, like cooler temps, more blue light, more nitrogen, higher humidity (I can't remember exactly, so some of these are most likely wrong).

Also, don't grow a strain just because you like the color ;-)

It time for a hangen !! Males!!!
if there are Good seeds and want more of that kind of smoke then I would pollen one branch to make seeds but becareful not to pollen all the branches!!
If they were good seed that i had order I would do that !!

Latest posts

Back