another organic question....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kindphriend

El petardo fumado
Reaction score
hey all you organic folks out there! Well, I want to feed the bacteria that is in the soil instead of giving my ladies ferts. I was told that instead of giving them molasses you can make your own with fruits. You only have to put some fruits in a blender with a little juice or water and let it dry, blend it again and add it to your water. Has anyone done this? Is the process I described correct?

Thanx for the help folks! :joint:

Wow, sounds pretty cool. You can feed a heck of a lot more than your microbes that way. Different fruits have different uses. The one that pops right to the frontal lobe is potassium from bananas. So, I would assume you would need to get the right ratios of the right fruits for it to be done correctly.

Well, from what I understand, the important thing is the sugars for the microbes and bacteria to feed on. Of course additional fertilizers from the fruits would be helpful as well. Where is Eman on this one, i´m sure he knows exactly what to do.

Oh, well if you just want the sugars, why not continue with the blackstrap? That is a heck of a lot easier if that is all you are looking to get out of it.

Yeah, blackstrap would be nice, but where I am it is kind of hard to find. It´s alot easier and cheaper for me to make my own fruit blend, plus the fruit blend will have some added nutes for the plants.

kindphriend said:
Yeah, blackstrap would be nice, but where I am it is kind of hard to find.

errm.... any grocery type store will have it... just make sure u get the proper type... there are a million different kinds out now.

KADE said:
errm.... any grocery type store will have it... just make sure u get the proper type... there are a million different kinds out now.

Here in Spain they have Honey and a type of sugar cane honey that is disgusting. Could be blackstrap, but I am not sure. How do you say blackstrap molasses in spanish? Cause I have no idea.

I envy you on the fact that you live in Spain. Visited during world cup. Absolutely beautiful country.

LaserKittensGoPewPew said:
I envy you on the fact that you live in Spain. Visited during world cup. Absolutely beautiful country.

move here! (if you don´t have obligations) I can help!

Latest posts

Back