any one agree???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyno

Reaction score
now all,looking at the posts many of you are soil,coco,probs vermic and purlite uses,i can honestly say ive never used anything other than rockwool,ive friends who use pots, but to me for all there quite good results, some very good!!!!its just not the same as using rockwool with the good ole micro drip system,in my opp, pots EAT space and when (bending)you just cant get the results that you can when there in slabs,rockwool is easy to manage,easy to work with,less messy,and i believe much more yield in a much less space,id be interested to hear why others of you use rockwool and id also be interested to hear what many of the benefits from using other mediums from you who swear by them, like i say ive only stuck with the one!.maybee i could change my ways of doing things if your reasons are valid.thanks im looking forward to your replys.
dyno

I just use dirt, 'cause I like the way it feels under my nails.. :)
I'm quite on the opposite end of the spectum.. never tried rockwool.
I did try a home made aero cloner once, and failed miserably.(well water issues) ;) It discouraged me from the hydro feild.. ;)

i was gonna use rockwool,but after alot of thinking,i think im gonna stick with the coco disks ive been using.i never have problems with ph or over feeding.ive grown in soil in the past with good results but until i get a few indoor coco grows under my belt.i think im gonna stick with what ive been using for my skunk 1 x haze plants.

Hick said:
I just use dirt, 'cause I like the way it feels under my nails.. :)
I'm quite on the opposite end of the spectum.. never tried rockwool.
I did try a home made aero cloner once, and failed miserably.(well water issues) ;) It discouraged me from the hydro feild.. ;)

lol@under nails,its hard to pull away, from a way which you know suits so i know where your coming from mate,whats that saying ......(IF ITS NOT BROKE IT DONT NEED FIXING)but if there was a way which would yield more and be as well suited to me as the way i currently do it is,.......... truth id give it ago;)

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
i was gonna use rockwool,but after alot of thinking,i think im gonna stick with the coco disks ive been using.i never have problems with ph or over feeding.ive grown in soil in the past with good results but until i get a few indoor coco grows under my belt.i think im gonna stick with what ive been using for my skunk 1 x haze plants.

how easy do you find it to get in amongst them once you start bending mate?corner to corner middle and sides?? drainage too?

Hey dyno, Soil, both organic and not, coco, vermiculite and perlite various rockwool cubes, rockwool with the good ole micro drip system, slabs of rockwool, NFT, Aeroponics, Ebb and Flow, Hybrid Hydroponic/dirt, and many other methods all have their pros and cons depending on the variables involved with any particular grow and the personal desires of the grower.

There are so many mixes and matches of method that this thread could go for months and still not cover each possibility.

Growing weed isn't rocket science. Using a tried and proven method of growing will result in almost the same yield per/area that any other method will result in. The difference for personal use are fractional given the small space necessary and the great results possible with any of the above methods.

If you convert a small walk-in closet into a grow area and use quality nutrients, quality lights and professional care, you'll end up with about a pound of cured weed regardless of the method you use.

All this detail about using so many grams of this and mixing twenty types of blooming nutes and organics is pretty much unnecessary if all you want is to have some world class smoke for your personal use.

Use any of them or a hybrid of several. If you apply proven technique and method, you'll harvest your smoke for pennies on the dollar of what it costs on the street from rip-off, money hungry, slime-ball, too-lazy-to-work, greedy, no-morals, no-scruples, street selling weed dealers.

Some folks have problems with various methods. Some don't seem to be able to use rockwool, some have problems with hydro, some with dirt. Each person has to find their personal method and perfect it in their own environment to maximize the yield of their grow space.

Good luck to you man!

potus good read ,but if this thread goes on for months all the better,more info more more ideas,more chong lol

Now Then.............................

dyno

Soil

Soil

Soil

Inside

in the UK

Now

Outside

having relocated.....................................

From hips n mels summer.......................

relocation relocation

was a great move ;)

dyno said:
none bro!!

;)
:rolleyes:
:D

this_thread.jpg

N just 4 Hick

Thumbs_Up.jpg

massproducer said:
Check out the link in my signature for my coco buckets... These have an excellent growth rate and very little problems. After growing in almost every way possible, I am very impressed with the properties of coco coir.

looks fairly good mate!!

bud unckle!! about your post i dont see it as being fair tbh,ive joined yesterday,and it seems your trying to push me into putting pics up other wise what you saying is im either a billy bull sh1tter,or my threads ore useless. if you know the score im sure after reading the posts of people who dont know what they are doing and say they do,! it will soon be made aparent they are telling porkeys, i my friend feel no reason to come to this forum and lie,or mislead people into thinking anything, be it positive or negitive about me,im sure after ive posted a few times with or without pics you will see im genuine,dont feel im mugging you off with this post, just i felt i owed it to myself to reply after how it may have looked to other users.NOW to the question at hand you say -soil
soil
soi
i say why?? what makes it so much better than other mediums? in YOUR opinion,a positive responce would please on old school grower,thanks mate

Dyno

DO ONE

I really not in the mood for this but I will try n be nice

dyno said:
bud unckle!! about your post i dont see it as being fair tbh,ive joined yesterday,and it seems your trying to push me into putting pics up other wise what you saying is im either a billy bull sh1tter,or my threads ore useless.:ignore:

And?

if you know the score:ignore:

Are we talking Football now?

im sure after reading the posts of people who dont:ignore: know what they are doing and say they do,! it will soon be made aparent they are telling porkeys,

i my friend feel no reason to come to this forum:rolleyes: and lie,or mislead people into thinking anything, be it positive or negitive about me,im sure after ive posted a few times with or without pics you will see im genuine,dont feel im mugging you off with this post, just i felt i owed it to myself to reply after how it may have looked to other users.

ignorance.jpg

NOW to the question at hand you say -soil
soil
soi
i say why?? what makes it so much better than other mediums? in YOUR opinion,a positive responce would please on old school grower:ignore:,thanks mate

Maybe you should read the PM I sent you yesterday in response to the 1 you sent me.................................:rant:

funny-pictures-hamster-eats-cheese.jpg

:hairpull:

I only use rockwool for clones and seedlings ;) I then put the little rockwool cube into the hygroton and forget about it :farm:
I havent found anything to give me faster growth than DWC [yeah, I know, I currently dont use dwc, but it will be in my future, as buddies are using it getting very excellent results and for a hydro method, only hempy buckets are easier with less effort] :hubba:

I like my hydroton, its reusable. Rockwool dont burn and I have to get rid of it that way.

But nothin beats rockwool for cloning IMO.

Tit for tat.

I think Potus nailed it. IMHO, it is more about room conditions and strain then method and medium.

There was another thread that we discussed hydro vs soil. and the concensus was that hydro will VEG faster then soil. Of course, flowering times will allways be the same. That is the ONLY benefit I see with hydro.

But I know this thread is about the use of rockwool. I love rockwool. From cloning to flowering. But, like any other method, you must be able to "read" your plants and adjust nuit levels to fit that medium. What I feed my girls would probably kill soil plants due to higher ppm values of my mix. Soil seems to retain and build up nuits. But, I guess if you were vigilant, you could prevent that in flushing your soil.
Before you blast me, I have not done soil in a WHILE, just my moms are in soil, and I feed them completley different then my hydro (same nuit brand, different ppm's)

As for rockwool, I get great results. Very easy to work with, no dirty fingernails, fast growth rates and the ability to move my plants around the tray easily. I too use a drip to a 2 gal pot of rockwool.

dyno

I'm havin some fun

not been around for a bit................................

but

your not the only 1 who has been growin for a while

i've done my time

smoked some weed

and imho

soil out tastes

out smokes

any other method

now

quantity

is another matter

as I have no experience with any other substrates I can not say if it effects yields

I have to run 4 now

Floating concrete.........................

n

if it goes off b4 i'm done

i'm done 4

laters m8

seed 2 Weed

nice one unk lol

Latest posts

Back