any1 else start flowering?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iole said:
I planted ICE the beginning of april, outdoor, its still vegging, just got some preflowers, a few hairs, my male is definetly flowering, how long am I supposed to wait till I see some buds??

If your OD you have a long ways to go dude. End of Sept. maybe into Oct. depending on strain. Patience man. If you harvest to early due to impatience your yeild and potency will suffer.

September-October till harvest you mean?? How long will the flowering period last?

iole said:
September-October till harvest you mean?? How long will the flowering period last?

Unless your growing Lowryder strain (autoflowering strain). Yep thats about when man. OD is much more "slow" during its life cycle than Indoor. Indoor you have total control over the environment. OD your up to mother nature. but I will say. Yeild wise its hard to compete with an OD grow.

How long will it last?? You could say it started when the days started getting shorter. but not really. OD everything is much more gradual, not like indoor which is BAM one night your triggered flower and it takes a week for it really be in the onset of flower. OD is a month or so to do the same thing.

thnx much hick.

yes you will def. start seeing little buds soon. itll be a while before you see anything big n beautiful though- couple months

Who can see or tell, there is a male or female?Or maybe need to wait more?Its outdoor:)
Plant.jpg

Whats going on Bobber. You still have some waiting to do before you can tell. Be patient and they will show themselves before ya know it. ;)

Hey Bobber I agree with TBG it is definitely to early to tell...on a side note though...how the heck did you get such a great close up of the pre-flowers man???? Nice photo

thats kool well good luck it just finished rainin over here

I will show some new photos later, but need to go and look how is he look like...male or female :D

Its been 16 weeks and still no buds, isnt that kind of long for vegging?? Top leaves are starting to canoe :eek:

iole said:
Its been 16 weeks and still no buds, isnt that kind of long for vegging?? Top leaves are starting to canoe :eek:
Whats up iole. Here in New York our plants just started budding over the last week or so. Be patient your plants will show their sex soon enough trust me. ;)

So guys, from what I understand canoe means magnesium deficiency...I have some calcium-magnesium pills, would they hurt???

iole, unless they are a pill formulated for plant absorbtion, I would avoid useing them. Check your local garden shop/section for a product called "Cal-mag", I believe it is.

"Magnesium (Mg) is found as a central atom in the chlorophyll molecule and is essential to the absorption of light energy. Magnesium aids in the utilization of nutrients, neutralizes acids and toxic compounds produced by the plant. Deficiency signs of magnesium are: Older leaves yellow from the center outward, while veins remain green on deficient plants. Leaf tips and edges may discolor and curl upward. Growing tips turn lime green if the deficiency progresses to the top of the plant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calcium (Ca) is fundamental to cell manufacture and growth. Soil gardeners use dolomite lime, which contains calcium and magnesium, to keep the soil sweet or buffered. Rockwool gardeners use calcium to buffer excess nutrients. Calcium moves slowly within the plant and tends to concentrate in roots and older growth. Consequently young growth shows deficiency signs first. Deficient leaf tips, edges and new growth will turn brown and die back. If too much calcium is applied early in life, it will stunt growth as well. It will also flocculate when a concentrated form is combined with potassium."

Hick said:
iole, unless they are a pill formulated for plant absorbtion, I would avoid useing them. Check your local garden shop/section for a product called "Cal-mag", I believe it is.

"Magnesium (Mg) is found as a central atom in the chlorophyll molecule and is essential to the absorption of light energy. Magnesium aids in the utilization of nutrients, neutralizes acids and toxic compounds produced by the plant. Deficiency signs of magnesium are: Older leaves yellow from the center outward, while veins remain green on deficient plants. Leaf tips and edges may discolor and curl upward. Growing tips turn lime green if the deficiency progresses to the top of the plant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calcium (Ca) is fundamental to cell manufacture and growth. Soil gardeners use dolomite lime, which contains calcium and magnesium, to keep the soil sweet or buffered. Rockwool gardeners use calcium to buffer excess nutrients. Calcium moves slowly within the plant and tends to concentrate in roots and older growth. Consequently young growth shows deficiency signs first. Deficient leaf tips, edges and new growth will turn brown and die back. If too much calcium is applied early in life, it will stunt growth as well. It will also flocculate when a concentrated form is combined with potassium."
Thanks Hick, I'll go to some gardening shop as soon as possible. If the leaves are curling upwards does it mean death in a short period of time, or do I have time?

I'm sure you have a day or two. Mg is a secondary nutrient, less vital to "life", but essential to health.
Heat sress will also show as upward curling of 'usually' the uppermost leaves, closest to the light.

Hick said:
I'm sure you have a day or two. Mg is a secondary nutrient, less vital to "life", but essential to health.
Heat sress will also show as upward curling of 'usually' the uppermost leaves, closest to the light.
maybe its because its been extremely hot here, over 100...Im doing outdoor...could it be that?

Help guys, its a life or death situation..The curling seems to have eased down a bit, the temperature has lowered as well...is that a good enough sign to tell me that its a heat problem????

Outdoors, in the ground or in pots?..could be the pots are getting too hot, cuasing root problems. Are you seeing chlorosis(yellowing)?

"Older leaves yellow from the center outward,"

Yup, I have been taking older leaves off as they start to yellow, i try to water them only at night so the water doesnt get too hot while its being absorbed...what can I do??

thanks Hick

Latest posts

Back