anybody ever used a styrofoam tray to put the zip locked wet papertowel ofseedsin?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G_48911

Fellow Grower
Reaction score
:D i work at a supermarket and was looking at them and :rolleyes: i thaught about how efficient they'd probably be.:hubba: seeming as how the styrofoam would make it warm inside the tray.kinda like an incubator ...anybody every used one? If so what were your results as far as germination times? It would probably be the same results you'd get if you used a heating pad put I'm thinking the styrofoam would work without energy and theres no chance of a fire or anything like that. "ego-friendly":)

I dont think styrofoam would keep in heat very well are you talking about germinating seeds or growing plants either way styrofoam wont work any better than a cardboard box and those are free too. and did i mention that cardboard boxes are 100% ECO friendly

in my opinion i will use a plastic bowl with a lid cuzz the foam will allow a lot of air to your paper towel and it will dry up meaning you have to be watering your seeds often and you want to handle your seeds the less a plastic bowl will keep moist even if you put it direct on the sun

greetings everyone, and my comment is kiss.I use the basic paper towel method and just cover the plate with a bowl and put it in the dark. I check everyday on the wetness(can't be dry) of the towel and let nature take its course. i have always sprouted tap roots and thats when the fun starts

Latest posts

Back