anyone know how to use a window a/c unit inside your room?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakeymacd

Reaction score
i bought a window a/c unit not clueing in at the time it needs to be sticking out your window. can anyone give me any ideas of hopw to use it in my room without placing in windiowe?

can anyone give any help ? i have a window a/c unit and wana use it to cool my rooms any ideas on how to make it work ? IE: exhaust and intake for a/c unit

cut a hole in the ceiling bigger than the back of the ac, up to 3 times bigger would be best, and then enclose the unit with some type of chimney (Same size as hole) leading to the exhaust hole you made in the ceiling. The ceiling can be metal duct with insulation on it, or flex board with insulation on it.
This is the only way, if you cant cut holes in the ceiling, return the a/c from where you got it, or hold onto to it until you can run it out a window, or try selling it on craigs list. runnning the a/c indoors is a huge fire hazard due to exhaust heat being 150 to 165 degrees F, and it is not as beneficial as when the the unit is ejecting exhaust out the window. this IS experience talking

Oh and by the way, depending on the size of your unit, mine is a 12000, it is loud as shytness in the building.

to be honest, and not to unmotivate you, hang it out the window, or wait until you can, and figure a better way to get heat down... cfl's, smaller hid, more fans, etc..

If you do run it, be sure to get a high temp thermometer, Targets kitchen section has them, cheap, and monitor your exhaust temps, my chimney has a glass window that I can shine a light in, and check the air temp in the chimney, and I have a thermal cutoff switch in it, that shuts down the lights and the a/c if the exhast duct gets too hot. safety first, security second

hope it helps, if you have more ?'s, I will be checking

Sell the window ac unit and go buy you a portable ac unit their about $350 to $400 a unit. They are designed to use without a window. You just have to run an exaust hose out and turn it on...take care..

Latest posts

Back