Anyone watch weeds on showtime?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fadeux

Intelligent Moron
Reaction score
I love that show, but its terribly unrealistic as far as weed going grows. I almost fell off the couch laughing when I saw silas' setup in the cheese shop. A couple hundred clones, all being grown in a small cylinder room, with ONE 60w standard GE bulb... I can't make fun of it to my friends, cause then they might wonder why I know that much about it. Thought Id share it with you guys.

This is really funny seeing as how I am watching the show right now... I am on episode 3 of season 4. This show was pretty realistic on the growing, I'm not sure what part you are talking about, maybe I haven't gotten to it. The selling of the weed was unrealistic though, they sold 2000 dollars of weed in one day... lol thats funny. It is still good though, I liked the part with U-turn and how he talks to people... get ova here *****. haha

I have watched it a few times and thought it was pretty funny, far fetched in some degree but a good laugh.

zipflip said:
i myself watch it faithfully ever since i started like bout 2 months ago. we dont have showtime here so i wath mine online every monday night. it will first post the current episode like bout hour after its over on tv. or maybe couple i don know. www.watchweedsonline.net if i remember right . if not just goodle coupel times u'll find numerous sights that let u watch every episode from the first to latest for free on them. so u might be in luck there melissa an still be able to watch it and even go back an catch up on the past episodes u missed so far..
i thought the same thin bout his grow cylinder deal too. i mean i'm no novice but i know dang well u gonna need way more lighting than that for that many cuttings lol...
i have to say its the best sitcom i seen since Oz was on HBO

I think you are the only person that has ever refered to OZ as a comedy...lo
Weeds actually does do a good job of trying to be accurate, but it is a tv show and therefore will have falsehoods Just watch and enjoy. Its like when I watch war movies and wonder why Chuck Norris is throwing grenades when he has a m203 mounted on his weapon.

i've not seen it but i know it was aired in uk for a while.

What about top buzzer? love that show!

not seen any of the new season. but it is a pretty funny show.

my favorite was when they lost all their grow gear, so they stole the big church cross light and stuck it in their grow room lol

Just looked it up, episode 9 Season 4

And he actually has a heat vent for it! Hilarious! I love weeds, but that scene is just laughable.

slightly off topic, but I really like your avatar picture fadeux! :)

me & my wife watch it religiously, pretty much only show we watch regularly. far fetched in many aspects, but its tv & mary louise parker is hot ill sling her a sack:hubba:

I LOVE WEEDS...I actually thought this was the thread i had started on it when the season started thisyear :D ...I watch it religiously...Or more :)...I have every season d/l off thepiratebay.org ...I also have the newest episodes dvr'd/tivo'd...God i love it tho...But i was actually going to ask about silas' cheese shop grow setup, but now i feel like an idiot for thinkin' it ...But with some LST'n and SC, could u grow on vertical plane like that given proper ventilation ,lights, etc...??? lay off, i'm outdoors grower keep in mind ... :D !-Don't read Past Here If YOU'VE NOT STARTED SEASON 4-!
But i think the shows went down-hill since nancy got in with the mexican mafia and all...I just want conrad and heylia to come back, conrad made the show imo...But, there's still nancy...Mary Louise Parker indeed is sooo sexy and fine...I think they should've called in Marc Emery for tips and everything when they started the show tho ...it would've helped...has anyone ever seen an actual existing 'strain' on the show??? i think i might've heard nancy mention OG kush once...maybe White widow too, i dunno...But I love the show by the way...:stoned:

yeah the whole "underground railroad" is far fetched. last episode cracked me up w/ celia runnin special cash deals for maternity garb. to support new found love.

Thorn said:
slightly off topic, but I really like your avatar picture fadeux! :)

Thanks! I've actually not heard that one before. Its actually the album cover of a band called "Syntax" The album, "Meccano Mind" I photoshoped that out of it. It's really tough to find these days but its one of my favorites. If you actually care to find it, or know more about them, just pm me, and ill help you out. Cheers!

tn_toker420 said:
I LOVE WEEDS...I actually thought this was the thread i had started on it when the season started thisyear :D ...I watch it religiously...Or more :)...I have every season d/l off thepiratebay.org ...I also have the newest episodes dvr'd/tivo'd...God i love it tho...But i was actually going to ask about silas' cheese shop grow setup, but now i feel like an idiot for thinkin' it ...But with some LST'n and SC, could u grow on vertical plane like that given proper ventilation ,lights, etc...??? lay off, i'm outdoors grower keep in mind ... :D !-Don't read Past Here If YOU'VE NOT STARTED SEASON 4-!
But i think the shows went down-hill since nancy got in with the mexican mafia and all...I just want conrad and heylia to come back, conrad made the show imo...But, there's still nancy...Mary Louise Parker indeed is sooo sexy and fine...I think they should've called in Marc Emery for tips and everything when they started the show tho ...it would've helped...has anyone ever seen an actual existing 'strain' on the show??? i think i might've heard nancy mention OG kush once...maybe White widow too, i dunno...But I love the show by the way...:stoned:

From what I've seen and what I understand (if I were an expert, I wouldn't be on this message board.) That setup is very practical. A cylinder style setup is very efficient, but the lights on the setups I've seen are mounted in the center, and in a tube running top to bottom, and there are usually 3-5 of the lights. Say they are 400w a piece (Ive only seen it done with 600w, but for argument sake) at 400w, 3-5 bulbs is 1200w to 2000w. The light silas is using cannot be more than a 100w bulb. Any grower worth his/her salt knows that its NOT that plants need to SEE the light, they actually need energy FROM the light.

Also, Silas is selling the SAME WEEK. It could be argued that it is from another stash, but hes only had a closet thus far. I dont remember her ever mentioning an actual strain. They dont have to, its not a documentary. People take a hit of "their" weed and after they exhale, they know its the best ever! It doesn't work that way, its cheezy and corny. It's just used as a plot device....

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE this show, and the only way you could point out the mistakes is if you actually grow. Needless to say, I have to laugh about those mistakes with SOMEONE, and so I choose the anonymity of the internet to do that. Its really hard to get baked and watch it with another fan, and not point this stuff out, but that would sort of blow the cover.... And THAT would violate the first 2 rules of fight club...

Thorn said:
i've not seen it but i know it was aired in uk for a while.

What about top buzzer? love that show!

thorn whats top buzzer ? and what channel do i find it on :D

One tonite on sho time...But i don't think u get sho do ya mel??? I'd prefer to just d/l and watch when i want....But i much prefer the first and second season tho...The episode where they went to the weed expo was sweet too, but everything one of the breeder's would say is ramblin' bull... But Fadeux i wasn't talking about the 'Silas' strain...I'm talkin back in season one when nancy discover's the Clubs and goes to heylia like ***...I can't wait for tonite :D

Latest posts

Back