Are strong smelling plants the 50-50s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
From personal observation:
When I grew sativas in the past they didn't smell too strongly. When I grew my Auroras I noticed they hardly have any smell at all. But when I crossed the Aurora with a sativa it produced a variety that smells very strongly, like skunk. I cannot even carry a joint of it through the house, everyone would notice.
But now that I've bred the 50-50 back to the sativa again, I find that the 75-25 plants aren't very smelly.

Hypothesis: That the smelliest plants are likely to be hybrids with roughly equal amounts of sativa and indica.

Opinions please?

This is a very interesting thought! My last grow was Train Wreck and it had a very strong smell. One crack of the container and the whole house would wreek. My current grow is Supposed to be all Purple Kush, but There may be a Blueberry or two in the mix considering the place I got the seedlings. I have just recently placed them on 12/12 and only one out of seven smells. Your post has got me wondering.

If you can't be a pine on the top of the hill. Be a bud at the top of the tree!!"

3 harvests back we had in the drying room:

Cindy 99 (100%S)
Chemdog (Hybrid)
Flav (Hybrid)
SFV OG Kush (100% I)
Blueberry (Possibly Hybrid)
Sensi Star (Hybrid)

Smelly(est) Dry: Chemdog
Smelly(est) Growing: Cindy
Smelly(set) Drying: Cindy. Overpowered everything else in the room.

Strangely enough, the cindy has less taste and smell finished than any other strain in that batch, yet when hanging in the room, that was the only thing you smelled. Mostly equal quantities in the room too.

Really weird.

Very interesting, thanks!
Come on guys, we need more information ... like, my 100% indicas have almost no smell growing, but a really nice spicy smell when cured... is this typical of 100% indicas? I am betting it might be ... but we need more data!

Latest posts

Back