As the CFLs grow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyperbrandon

Learning the trade
Reaction score
They got some that run 300W actual watts with remote ballast. They are coming a long way with em. But the self ballast ones that screw in get hot.

Mutt said:
They got some that run 300W actual watts with remote ballast. They are coming a long way with em. But the self ballast ones that screw in get hot.
Damn I had no clue they had larger ones. I thought they were still pretty new. I went with CFLs because they dont get hot. I wounder why the ballast ones get hot. And how much hotter they get.

THE Roseman said:
Go to this page and look at my current grow, with 16 bulbs, mostly 85 and 105 watt bulbs. I do have 4 reflectors with two 42 watt warm CFLS in them.
Were did you pick up your bulbs? And how much did they run you. By the looks of you grow. Your ladies are doing well. How much total luminous do you have? I'm currently using 6 42watt CFL bulbs on 1 lady.

I bought my bulbs at www.stealthhydroponics.com

You can find them cheaper, mod edit...not good to reveal that kinda information on this kind of forum

I did my first grow with two 85 watt bulbs only. Then I went to 4, then to 8, and now I use 16 bulbs. Half are 105s and half are 85 watts. I use 4 refectors with two 42 watt bulbs in them. They are all normal regular screw in bulbs.
I've never added up the lumens. I know that 3 105 watt bulbs give 15,000 lumens if used in the same mirror polished steel reflector. That is equal to the sun, for 4 square feet. Look at thier site, but you can find them cheaper if you shop around.
Peace

Latest posts

Back