Auburn1985's Feminized Herijuana Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn1985

Reaction score
This is my first Herijuana grow. I'm using feminized seeds that I bought from Sannie’s Shop.

hxxp://www.sanniesshop.com/herijuana-feminized-en.html

This is an indica-dominant strain that is supposed to be great for pain relief, especially pain from migraine headaches. Which will be good for my wife, who has a lot of pain from TMJ/migraines.

Herijuana is also supposed to be an easy-to-grow strain that has a short flowering period.

I'm very excited to do this journal. Sometimes I can get a bit wordy, so I apologize for that in advance.

All the details (grow medium, lighting, nutrients, etc.) will be explained along the way.

This first post will summarize the first few days of the grow.

9/24

I ordered the seeds from Sannie’s Shop.

9/30

I received the seeds in the mail. I live in the southeastern US, so that was pretty fast shipping.

10/3, 6:00am

I began soaking the seeds in a glass of filtered water.

10/3, 6:00pm

The seeds were still floating on top of the water, so I used a pair of clean tweezers to tap them under the water, and they sank to the bottom of the glass.

10/3, 10:00pm

I transferred the seeds into a plate with a wet paper towel.

10/4, 6:00am

All seeds had cracked and were showing their tap root.

10/5, 6:00am

I planted the seeds in Rapid Rooter cubes, and placed them in a humidity dome under T5 lighting, which I run 24/0.

10/6, 6:00pm

Four of the five seedlings had broken the surface of the cubes.

001 (800x600).jpg

002 (800x600).jpg

004 (800x600).jpg

Green Mojo for your grow:icon_smile:

10/8, 1:00pm

Of the 5 seeds that were planted, only 4 sprouted. And one of those looked worse than the inbred kid banjo player in the movie "Deliverance". So I put it out of its misery.

I only flower 2-3 plants at a time anyway, so I'm not sad.

Here are the 3 sprouts. I put them in 0.8-gallon plastic pots in pure Roots Organic soil. Once they outgrow these pots, I'll transplant them into 3-gallon smart pots with a mixture of Roots Organic and Super Soil to finish vegging. Then I'll transplant them into 7-gallon pots of pure Super Soil to flower.

001 (800x600).jpg

10/12, 12:30pm

Well, this grow is not without its problems.

To recap, of the 5 Sannie's Feminized Herijuana seeds that I planted, only 4 sprouted. And one of the seedlings was badly deformed, so I trashed it.

The 3 remaining seedlings looked great, until 2 days after I transplanted them into pure Roots Organic soil.

See the pics below. Two seedlings show what appears to be nute burn on their first set of true leaves (their second set of leaves look much better).
And although the third seedling is perfectly healthy, it looks so different from the other two that I'm afraid it might no be Herijuana at all.

I think the two imperfect seedlings will rebound. I hope so. We'll see.

Just FYI, I've successfully grown several different strains using this exact same grow method, and Roots Organic has never burned my seedlings.
Some people even plant seeds directly into Roots Organic with no problems.

001 (800x600).jpg 002 (800x600).jpg 003 (800x600).jpg

I wonder if they changed their formula... That is too bad.

Don't really look like nute burn. More like the seed shell or little piece of it got stuck to the tip of the leaf

arnt the seed leaves the ones that typically get hung up with a shell, the first set of true leaves shouldnt ever get stuck with any seed shell as they dont grow out till a few days after the seed breaks soil
does look to be slight nute burn but hey it happens, some strains are finiky youngsters, no biggie. as long as it doesnt progress on other sets of leaves further then the typical tippy tip they will be fine and grow into the strength, they should blow up any time now as their getting older and stronger roots they will handle the soil, as it appears they have already, little in the beginning isnt that bad as long as you keep things in check.
also that 3rd one does look quite a bit different, could jsut be that 1 strange pheno from herijuana. as you said in the first post its mainly an indica hybrid, however some of the sativa strain could be lingering giving you the slimmer leaves and the 3rd could simply be a deeper indica dominate pheno then the typical herijuana strain. only way to know for sure is grow it out and see. look at Melvins Buckeye, a purple pheno and a green pheno, same plant just different dominate traits from parent plants. thats just my 2 cents, btw lookin great cant wait to see the progress

I agree with Ozzy.

I also wait for a good amount of roots before transplanting. Quite a bit of shock for such a small root.

10/14, 6:55pm

Well, the plants are looking better. All of them. I think all 3 will make it through flowering.

The 2nd/3rd set of leaves show no deficiencies at all.

001 (800x600).jpg

10/17, 6:30pm

So far, so good...but these 3 plants look very different from one another...just different phenotypes, I guess...

I thought about trashing them and starting a feminized Larry OG grow, but I've read so many good things about Herijuana that I decided to see them thru to flowering...and smoking...

003 (800x600).jpg

004 (800x600).jpg

005 (800x600).jpg

002 (800x600).jpg

10/24, 7:00pm 19 days after planting

The two plants on the right are hearty and healthy...the plant on the far left is falling behind...

001 (800x600).jpg

and is showing signs of nute burn (I believe) on some of the newer leaves...

002 (800x600).jpg

I may cull it if it continues to lag behind and show sickness...

Is that a professionally built grow box you got your plants in?

7thG said:
Is that a professionally built grow box you got your plants in?

No, it's a Suncast mini-cabinet that I modified slightly. I use it for small plants. It has a 2' 4-bulb Sunblaze T5 fixture.

Latest posts

Back