auto strains?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you guys are crazy when you worry about hermies and ruderalis taking over the world.:eek:
They have both been around since marijuana was marijuana.

No, she does have a point.. I don't think quality options for seed purchases will diminish because of ruderalis influx, but local/commercial stock will end up with alot of these auto genes in them, and after a few generations of random cross-breeding, finer characteristics like the diesel-like flavor etc will have disappeared, but the ruderalis genes will still be in there to shorten flowering, and reduce potency..
Hap-hazard cross-breeding dilutes the local gene-pool with or without ruderalis.. Certain strains are considered 'true breeding' for a reason.. From a connoiseur's POV, more ruderalis in general will make the effect on potency worse as..
Bag seed will suffer like it did when indoor growing began and strains were bred for convenience inside..
I'm not going to knock the autos if even the F2 seeds are uniformly comparable to the purchased seeds though.. I see too much convenience for alot of situations, and if they have a true-breeding nature they could even improve local genetics for a while each time they are re-introduced, and directly crossed with the local outdoor strains..
I am ultra bummed to hear that dieselryder F2's aren't stable.. That kind of kicks that convenience I was talking about, and the truebreeding value right in the nuts:(..

born2killspam said:
No, she does have a point.. I don't think quality options for seed purchases will diminish because of ruderalis influx, but local/commercial stock will end up with alot of these auto genes in them, and after a few generations of random cross-breeding, finer characteristics like the diesel-like flavor etc will have disappeared, but the ruderalis genes will still be in there to shorten flowering, and reduce potency..
Hap-hazard cross-breeding dilutes the local gene-pool with or without ruderalis.. Certain strains are considered 'true breeding' for a reason.. From a connoiseur's POV, more ruderalis in general will make the effect on potency worse as..
Bag seed will suffer like it did when indoor growing began and strains were bred for convenience inside..
I'm not going to knock the autos if even the F2 seeds are uniformly comparable to the purchased seeds though.. I see too much convenience for alot of situations, and if they have a true-breeding nature they could even improve local genetics for a while each time they are re-introduced, and directly crossed with the local outdoor strains..
I am ultra bummed to hear that dieselryder F2's aren't stable.. That kind of kicks that convenience I was talking about, and the truebreeding value right in the nuts:(..

You need to worry about the local swag hurting potency before you worry about autos running 15-21% thc.Breeders are pretty good at keeping unwanted genetics out of their seeds .If they didn't we wouldn't have any "pure strains" left.

Autos have been bred to overshadow the smoke characteristics of ruderalis with the more potent lineage, and vice versa for the growing traits.. If the strain isn't stable though, offspring could end up being ruderalis potency with a November harvest time..

Check out my thread, diesel is very unstable pheno, but all fire. They all have good potency and all flowered at the same time though.

I germed 8 Lowryder 2 seeds and grew them outdoor at 36 deg. N (North Carolina). Very potent, but low yield. I had 4 females, and partially pollinated two of them. I yielded close to 1 oz., and 60 seeds. The plants were germed may 27 and chopped Aug. 1.

I'm now running a couple fems from the seeds i made under a mixture of compact flouros and daylight at 20/4 light. They have been flowing for 10 days and will finish up 1st week of Nov. or so. These plants are growing much larger and faster than the outdoor plants.

If you have them outside, try to give them TONS of sunlight... it'll be worth it, plus you will be amazed at how small they stay... very inconspicuous.

BraneDead said:
They have been flowing for 10 days and will finish up 1st week of Nov. or so.

but that means they only gonna be flowering for 5/6 weeks. Do you not like to let you ryders go longer til you get some nice amber trichs?

Oh wow i guess my math was off on the weeks! I just checked what my outdoor LR2 ran, and it was right at 7-8 weeks flowering. Unfortunately, I didn't have my magnifier with me as I was on vacation for the summer, so I had to guess... but they were turning nice and yellow and just looked good and done.

Man, i guess its gonna be more like mid november. thats a bummer! Oh well, thanks for the heads up, Thorn!

time4tokin20s said:
Yes.I flower at 20/4.I'm growing Dieselryder,Automatic white Russians,with Snowryder and Automatic Blueberry in the mail.

Where did you get auto blueberry?

st00ner said:

I didn't.Sensible seeds said they had them in stock.So I emailed them and ask them just to be sure.They said yes they're in stock so I made an order.A week later I get an email saying sorry they were out of stock!I was pretty ticked off.They eventually sent me some Auto AK47 x Kush and some femmed Auto Ak47s.

st00ner said:

Dutchbreed do a Lowberry here...

hxxp://www.dutchbreed.com/8.html

xx to tt :)

Latest posts

Back