Auto White Russian Timex GJ ~ OHC style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just throwing my 2 cents worth in, i have always checked ph levels after adding nutes, it only makes sense to check/adjust ph after the solution is made.... right? anyway ohc, you have a great looking girl there and i think with a little more nutrients added you should be ok. again, it is only my 2 cents. i cant wait to see her done. happy growing.

i hope that reply didnt sound rude or anything, i just think it makes sense to test what is going into the plants. i just did the test and my water before nutes is actually a little over 7 but with nutes added it is 5.6ish. i have to add here that i dont grow in dirt and dont know my a$$ from a hole in the ground when it comes to it. i do know about what a plant looks like due to bad ph and yours doesnt look like mine did. i have had similar looking plants to yours and with an slight inrease of nutes(i used a 15% increase at first) they came around within a couple of days. i am not saying what is/isnt wrong with your girl i am only making a very longwinded suggestion. i hope you get it straightened out tho. good luck.

ta2dguy said:
i hope that reply didnt sound rude or anything, i just think it makes sense to test what is going into the plants. i just did the test and my water before nutes is actually a little over 7 but with nutes added it is 5.6ish. i have to add here that i dont grow in dirt and dont know my a$$ from a hole in the ground when it comes to it. i do know about what a plant looks like due to bad ph and yours doesnt look like mine did. i have had similar looking plants to yours and with an slight inrease of nutes(i used a 15% increase at first) they came around within a couple of days. i am not saying what is/isnt wrong with your girl i am only making a very longwinded suggestion. i hope you get it straightened out tho. good luck.

ta2dguy no worries, feedback is much appreciated. If you notice reading back, I always HAD tested my ph and my target has been 6.4 with soil after nutes. Several of us forum members all got in on a free nute offer from GH promoting their new line of GO nutes. The problem is that I only read the instructions on the bottle and on the chart and didn't read the fine print.... where it says use every watering and that ph adjusting after adding nutes is not nessecary? So I didn't adjust the ph this last time.

The revised plan is nutes every watering - full strenght CalMag and 3/4 strength on the bloom nutes.... first round was last night and I also added the grow nutes. If she doesn't burn I will up the nutes to full strength after a couple rounds at 3/4. Knowing that this line is weaker than FF sorta makes me feel brave enough to try it. I ran two gallons through her just because I felt I needed to. I was anxious when lights went on this AM but she seems non worse and the soil ph was 6.4. I'll know in another 3-4 days if she is on track.

I have decided she's just nute starved not ph block, no repotting needed.

Hey there OHC, i'm quite interested in this grow and it looks to be off to a good start.

I am currently growing an auto white russian and she's about 3 weeks away from harvest, i can post some pics 2morrows if ya wanna see.

'Me' sprinkles Green Mojo Dust in new baby seedlings direction.

Okey dokey, this was my first A-WR grow, i would have changed a few things like the soil i used (plagron royalty mix), she didn't seem to like it for reasons unknown and started throwing all kinds of different symptoms out.

If i grow her again i wil def be using biobizz lightmix, having said that i'm fairly pleased with her overall.

I used a 250w CFL, blue spec for 3 weeks then changed over to 250w red.

She's about 20 inches tall with about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks left till harvest and currently growing alongside a lowryder#2 which didn't do as well (14 inches with a week left till harvest).

I'm quite looking forward to see how she smokes :)

I'm getting the following error :
"You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more."
Even though i've uploaded to this site, so i'm not really posting URL's to other sites.

Anyway..the pics can be seen in my gallery :)

Oh yeah - thanks Ice. It would be nice if you started a GJ - lots of interest in Autos on this forum.... if not - please keep me updated - and if you are interested in joining in, my next grow is going to be autos for seeds - got 10 auto AK47 reg seeds.... HippyInEngland has a great GJ on his seed breed and 225smokestack just harvested his AWR. And HamsterLewis second GJ is a good read.
XOX
OHC

Thanks OHC, i will be checking all the auto grows out here :)

I'll definitely keep you updated and let you know how she smokes and i'm looking forward to reading along with this grow :)

Found out how to posts pics so i've attached them.

AWR1.png

AWR2.png

the shots look awesome. I just dont know HOW these lil ones are every going to get the height you talk about.... photo updates on Sun and thanks for your encouragement.

hi ohc.:)

i read thru your journal, and by time i came to the ww pics, i was unsure, then saw pics, and immediately thought one of two things this could only possibly be, 1-rootbound, which was a slight chance, and2- starving for some good 'ol groceries...

i am not familiar with GO products personally. i seen the gift offer in a HT mag, and here also...

i do know from experience, as i'm sure you've heard, ww is a frail, frigid, and very finicky so, and so...

GrowDude is the ww King. although, he runs a waterfarm bucket set up. (hint, hint.)...

tell me more of the GO products? are they ph buffered? if so, buffered to soil, i would imagine? 6.5?, 7.0?... does GH make this product?...

my advice OHC, would be the obvious, as you've chosen, and feed appropriately...in this hobby, were never to old to learn new tricks.:) give yourself more credit. afterall, you did state the nutes were out of your ordinary in the beggining...

that ww would have been a real nice mom. still can...;) ...i'll watch with interest from here on if you dont mind...good luck...

updated WW pics. She looks bad - worse in fact.... but she sent me a thank you note for the "good 'ol groceries" so I'm hanging on - looking for little furry nuts and hoping for the best.

1-3-10 015.JPG

1-3-10 017.JPG

1-3-11.JPG

boy, hate ta see ya worried. nice buddage formin! she'll pull thru...gotta

Here are the AWRs Day 15.
The first close up is of the weird plant on the bottom left of the group shot. She had a bit of trouble dropping her shell when she sprouted. I didn't think anything of it at first but I see she's got a few funky spots and she's slower than the other three. The second shot is just to emphasize how short these are....

005.JPG

006.JPG

004-2.JPG

IRISH said:
one of two things this could only possibly be, 1-rootbound, which was a slight chance, and2- starving for some good 'ol groceries...

i do know from experience, as i'm sure you've heard, ww is a frail, frigid, and very finicky so, and so...

tell me more of the GO products? are they ph buffered? if so, buffered to soil, i would imagine? 6.5?, 7.0?... does GH make this product?...

my advice OHC, would be the obvious, as you've chosen, and feed appropriately...in this hobby, were never to old to learn new tricks.:) give yourself more credit. afterall, you did state the nutes were out of your ordinary in the beggining...

that ww would have been a real nice mom. still can...;) ...i'll watch with interest from here on if you dont mind...good luck...

Irish - much thanks for coming when I called. This is my first grow.
I don't know what ph buffered means - Yes, GH makes this product. GH claims you don't need to adjust ph unless you have difficult water.... but that it won't cancel out the nutes if you use a ph adjuster.... or so I understand. I made a grave error with not going a more traditional route with nutes on a first grow as a nube. I was looking for a legit way to save a few bucks. My bad. If I'd spent the money I'd have plenty of GJs and feedback to lean on. Live and learn. Anyway - after all that I'm gona just feed every watering and use ph up or down as needed to maintain 6.4-6.5 ph in soil.

No plans on a mom this first grow and I picked soil because I was feelin' that it would be less complicated for a first time grow..... I think she's tellin me she feels better but I'll be happy when she's hanging in a closet and polin free. A mother plant will have to wait for another time. I've never smoked the WW and am looking forward to finding out what all the fuss is about.

Please come visit often IRISH. Feel free to jump in and keep me on track. Thanks for your time man. Much respect.

FA$TCA$H said:
boy, hate ta see ya worried. nice buddage formin! she'll pull thru...gotta
Hey thanks CA$H my friend.
I'm less worried this week, she still looks pale yellow but as someone else pointed out - we don't smoke the leaves. I notice the buds growing down the stalk - that surprised me - I expected more upward stretch but I'm not complaining. Thanks for the common sense CA$H - trying to tone down the worry and get the focus back on the AUTOS.....
:peace:

Latest posts

Back