Ballasts on 1000bulbs.com

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HazeMe

Grow Your Own
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wondering if the complete ballast sets on 1000bulbs.com are meant to be put in a housing unit or just assembled and that's it? Does anyone know if you need to make a housing unit, or buy a housing unit to put it all together in working order?

I was looking at some of the small 70w and 100w ballasts and they are cheap. So, I'm thinking if there isn't anymore expense to the ballasts they are selling, I might get one for a micro grow. Something to have fun with and keep me busy. I was thinking I might try to do a scrog inside of a computer/server tower... Just for the heck of it.:hubba:

HazeMe

If its a ballast kit it will need mounted to something, or they do sell ballast boxes, i dont think 1000 bulbs carry them but check e-bay.

You also need a socket and some wire.

Most are very easy to wire up.

Check out Lowes I picked up a 70w HPS for 50 bucks couple months back. Just need to do a lil moddin and its good for a comp case small cab or something. They have ones with higher wattages too. Plus pay cash walk in walk out. Instead of waiting a few days.

Mutt, I thought about just picking up one of those $50 ones. The ones on 1000 bulbs are $21-35 for just the ballast.

Growdude, I think I can make some kind of little housing for it. I really just wanted to make sure that it didn't need something else that was going to be an extra $20 or so. Wiring the socket and all, I can do that.

Thank you both very much
HazeMe

Just be careful to use the correct cable to wire a mogul socket. It has to be high temp stuff. The socket gets very hot.

Hey Haze,You like eastwood?
He is one of my favorites:)

Hey ozman.
Yeah, Eastwood is one of the best. He's always produced good quality movies.

HazeMe

Latest posts

Back