basic setup question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exarmy

Reaction score
what up guys!!!! its been a while, I got a little setup at a safe house going on. And for once I dont have to really worry about space!!!!

So Heres the deal

its a large walkin closet.....5ft by maby 6-7 ft deep with 8-9 ft ceiling.......i mean I coundnt be happier to get out of my 2ftx2ft grow box. but the bad part, I dont have money for more light.

right now i have 8 stron girls and 2 weakier ones that might get the boot. there in 5 gallon grow bags with promix there 8-14 in tall......strains are grandaddy purp/ 1 aurora indica/ nirvana white rihno. Useing foxfarm nutes......and the really shitty part is i only have a 400w

now with lst and fimming them i can get a good flat canopy...........

ALL THIS BLABBERING FOR THIS QUESTION?

what can i honestly yeild? give me a rough guess.......im thinking if i flip them in the next week or so is it possible to get 3+ per plant?

IMO..not with that light..you will get maybe around 1.5 dry..sounds like a great setup..good luck and get more light in there..Good luck and keep us posted

IMO, you will do better if you try not to spread your light too thin. I would close off a 9-12 sq ft space and make the most of the light you have. You can have 4-6 plants in 8-12 sq ft with nice nugs or you can have 10 plants in 35-40 sq ft and most likely end up with a large quantity of small airy buds.

My first grow with a 400HPS in soil I flowered at 10 inches, 6 plants (all female), and ended up wth 4 ounces. I made the same mistake of leaving the light too high in order to get everything under the canopy. My second grow with a 400HPS in soil I did 3 plants...and yielded 4 ounces. The buds were better though.

No one is going to be able to give you an accurate guess as to yield, there are just too many unknown factors in your garden.

You're talking about covering a 30+ sq ft area with 40 to 50k lumens (wether it's an hps(~50k) or mh(~38k)) and you would like to have at least 3k lumens per sq ft. More if possible. A 400w metal halide would give you ~4,500 lumens per square foot in an 8 sq ft area.

:ciao: stonedrone...yes we are..like THG said I took my 8x12 shed and had made seperate rooms...but as of 4/20 its one flower room. with

2400 watts HPS
1800 watts MH

harvest end of june im hopeing..so Im doing some Bragging now:lama:

take care and be safe..and read..read..read...:bolt::bong:

032.JPG

031.JPG

033.JPG

034.JPG

oh and proper air exchange when dealing with HD lights..just my thaughts..though clouded by :bong:

No i Have a good setup, it has a 4 in can fan on it and a charcoal filter vented outside. If i get Finacial aid in the next couple day ive sourced another 400w digital stup like mine for cheap. Im experinced in lst because i grew in a 2ft by 2ft by 2ft cube for 2 years, and they are still small enough for me to scrog which ive been contemplaiting to help keep the light close and buds fat. Im just new to not dealing with space and keeping things small

Good day GOOD DAY OH what a wonderful day......SO I was looking/cleaning of all my grow **** ive aquired over the last 3 years....And what did I find in the dark corner.....My original that i couldnt ever control the heat and bulkyness.....My 400w hps secuirty light...still works. but the badish

I dont have a hood for it. So i took the light, and hooked it all up at the grow house. At this moment its hanging verticaly by a hook that came with my bulb plug in thingy. that came with my warrented digital ballast that i sent back a while back.

I have a friend that has some sheet metal im sure i could snag so that i can make a hood. But this is my first grow at this new place other than where i live so I still have to work out a few kinks.

BUT 800 WATTS!:holysheep: I also found a nice osilatating fan and put that in there. Kicked the a/c down 5 or so degrees colder and 80 degrees 40 percent humidity. I still havent flipped them yet I want to wait a day or two first. All the plants look great 14-18ish inches tall pistils on a few and ive only had one male but a few arent showing yet. Sorry im long winded being stoned is great

What do yall think?

Oh and im growing 4 Grandaddy purple, 4 White Rhino, 1 Aurora Indica (female!) And Two really nice bag seeds I got a while back the smoke was amazing.

Latest posts

Back