begining to flower need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deuce

Reaction score
ive started flowering a week ago... and i got 3 300watt cfls... and i wanna get 2 warm whites cuz i hear they help flowering... or should i jus get more cool whites??? i have 4 GDP i want the purple to come out and i hear lower temps at nite help that... and if sumone can jus gimme an average of whut my yield will be?? cuz i have no guess...

IMAGE_022.jpg

IMAGE_026.jpg

i would line the closet with mylar too maximise the light ,would help tremendously :)

deuce said:
ive started flowering a week ago... and i got 3 300watt cfls... and i wanna get 2 warm whites cuz i hear they help flowering... or should i jus get more cool whites??? i have 4 GDP i want the purple to come out and i hear lower temps at nite help that... and if sumone can jus gimme an average of whut my yield will be?? cuz i have no guess...

I am assuming that 300 is the equivalent wattage, what is the actual wattage and lumens of the lights you are using? What is the cost of the lights that you are thinking about buying? How big is your space? IMO, you would probably be far better off buying a couple of low wattage HPS lights, rather than more CFLs.

There are too many unknowns to try and guess yield at this stage.

yo I tried the reflection methods on the wall durin veg n it got too hot sum of the leaves melted so I took it down.. I hear flat white is jus bout as good as mylar... so I jus got flat white... an my cfls r 300watts... no equivalent... ya I think im gona finish this grow with fluoros... then next batch im gona use the 400watt hps... but for this gro should I get more cfls or sum warm whites??

3 300 Watt CFL's???? So you are running 900 watts? And two more would make 1500 watts?

I don't think so.....

haha I kno for sure my lights r 300watt each... and if I get warm whites im not gona get as much wattage... but if I get the hps im jus usin that

Yeah, go ahead and get those warm whites; they will help add more light in the correct spectrum of color.

I used to use tin foil for reflectivity until I learned that it wasn't good to use. I then painted my closet flat white. If I understand correctly, the reflectivity of flat white is between 75% and 85%; whereas, titanium white paint and mylar are about 93% reflective.

Nobody can tell you how much you will yield; there are too many factors to consider. However, I once did an all fluoro grow with three plants, and my yield was about five ounces.

It looks like you're doing a good job, thus far. Keep it up, and I think you'll be happy with the results.

The above advice concerning HPS for flowering is good. Maybe next time you can buy some HPS lamps.

without hps,you will get very little yield as compared to using these lights.i care not what anyone says,if ya got a good harvest without hps,imagine what it could have been.

deuce said:
haha I kno for sure my lights r 300watt each... and if I get warm whites im not gona get as much wattage... but if I get the hps im jus usin that

They are "equivalent" to 300 watts of incandescent. I can look at the size of the bulbs and tell you they aren't 300's.

do with what ya have,i feel ya.if ya can't afford hid's,then so be it.some is better than none.i'm not no rich arse grower myself.i'm just a po boy trying to grow some dank sheet.be well

Latest posts

Back