Behind the madness....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a couple more comparison photos :aok:

Comparison1Original.jpg

Comparison1Edited.jpg

Comparison2Original.jpg

Comparison2Edited.jpg

Anyone had a look at that last set of before/afters? Also, anyone has any other thoughts or comments? :confused2: :aok:

aah so its not just your camera you post edit too... and wow i wasnt expecting a 450 buck camera lol thats a tad outta my price range at the moment lol thats like 2 full room grows of nutes and soil, ouch but im sure its worth it in the end... nice job by the way

I'd try to pull the highlights down, esp. in the first pic. You can also burn in all that reflection with Photoshop, but I don't think you can in LR. I might also try and pump a little more green into it, if you can - it's pretty washed out down at the bottom. Nice work, though!

Thanks you two.. and @Key2life: I've come a bit further with LR and Photoshop since this so yeah, I 100% agree with you, granted I disagree about the vibrance /saturation. :)

Also, I don't edit these like I'd edit something else... and by that I mean, I'm just posting multiple pics of these on a forum, so I put slightly less "care" into these, if you know what I mean. If you're familiar with LR /PS, you understand how I say this.. I care surely, but I could spend 15-30 minutes EASY on each and every pic, and that's just not needed for this situation.

I'm happy to have someone else that knows the deal, cheers Key2life. :aok:

Roger that, Dr. I'm taking a class this semester that's teaching both LR and PS, and I'm amazed at just how much one can do with LR. You can actually burn and dodge in LR I learned today. Just grab the application brush and there it is! You can also make presets and do batch edits to save time. A great program, for sure!

Nice, yeah I absolutely love both the applications.

Here's a new sample... this one, I can see a DOG hair!!! I need to go get that right now... I know just what bud that is! :hairpull:

BeforeHPS (1 of 1).jpg

AfterHPS (1 of 1).jpg

This is info overload. Hell man, I just do "auto" mode and start shooing away and pick the best one. No editing.

Hah, you're either "into it" or not Nouvellechef. :) Shooting in auto with no editing is SURELY just fine.

But this thread is for those that want to go many steps beyond that, or at least want to peak inside the madness. :aok: Thanks for stopping in!

This is exactly what I need, the white balance isn't adjustable in the Auto mode. I can adjust it in Manual...but then can't get the pics I want(zoom length).

I'll check it out...Thanks Dr. GF

If there's any questions what so ever, please everyone feel free to ask. If I don't know it, I can find it out and relay a proper answer rather quickly... also, it seems we have a few other photog's here so maybe they would chime in.

This is what this thread is designed for. A description of how to get quality images, if that's what you're into, and to even get them in HPS lighting and how to effectively edit it out.

I've got some killer bud shots....but all frigging yellow from the HPS lites. I tried to adjust, just wouldn't do it....or I don't know how ? :)

I'm running a Nikon P100 with a 26x digital W/A zoom....thinking of switching back to my Fuji SLR...I've got a slew of expensive lenses for it, but film development is a problem.

EDIT:Do you have to buy Lightroom ?, it looks like it's a sister program to Photoshop ?

Well... you can purchase it yes. Or you can... find .. it.

I've purchased it myself ;) Yep... very expensive, so I purchased it, I did.

To adjust the yellow out of the HPS lighting, you need to adjust your color temp more to the blue spectrum, and out of the yellow. Just don't go too blue, or actual BLUE photos can occur hah :) I can explain how to do this in Lightroom, so if you end up snagging it, I'll help you out. I think you can do it in other editors as well. "Color Temp" - out of yellow spectrum, towards the blue, and it will get natural again. Then you do a lot more, like reduce highlights, and whites... clarity, sharpening .. lots more. :D

Bringing this thread back up for those that may not have seen it and perhaps are interested. :aok:

I received a a canon T3i last Christmas. What I would like to learn is how to take good pictures of trich's. I have tried a cheap macro lens with poor results. Any suggestions that do not involve buying a expensive lens would be great.

I'm sorry, but I have 0 recommendations besides purchasing the correct lens :aok:

There's loads of ghetto / cheap ways to mimic Macro, but nothing is more true then a proper lens. Having a good camera (body) is one thing, but it will never stop there. You need lens' for portraits, for wide angle shots, for zooming, for super close up.. etc etc. It only begins at the camera (body) but it will continue until you acquire all the lens for your applications. Personally, I'm looking to get a 50mm Prime lens, a 300mm lens and a Macro lens asap. :D

Latest posts

Back