Best things To Do High

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live with fire flies nvthis!

they are neat to watch and I dont know if I would want to watch while high might freak me out a little. They flash in one spot the flash again a few feet away from the first flash could never peg were it would be. Might make me parinoid or something lol

Cheers!!!

nvthis said:
Anybody live in firefly country? Man, I have always wanted to burn a nice fatty on a warm evening, take off my shoes and go tromping through a grassy field full of these things.. I've never seen one. Is it more childs play? Or can anyone get in on it?

I would love to take my daughter out and catch them in a jar. That would be pretty trick in my book.

When I was a kid we had firefly's and bullfrogs and horny toads and made play out of catching them all. After a long summer day, before cable tv, that's what you did out in the country when the sun went down. I remember all the old folks sitting on the porch with ice tea and the men smoking cigarettes while us kids ran around with jars catching fireflies at my grandmothers dairy.

You probably will up your odds of finding fireflies in a field by a creek or a still lake cove. Seems like early summer just after dusk was the prime time for catching them. They are some sort of beetle larva so they have a season and they hatch in still water. Problem is, that still water is also where pollutants like boat oils and trash also accumulate. It was also always hot with little wind and there was always the sound of crickets when they were out.

Sure it's something for adults to do (at least once) , who do you think taught us kids to do it ? ;)

OldHippieChick said:
When I was a kid we had firefly's and bullfrogs and horny toads and made play out of catching them all. After a long summer day, before cable tv, that's what you did out in the country when the sun went down. I remember all the old folks sitting on the porch with ice tea and the men smoking cigarettes while us kids ran around with jars catching fireflies at my grandmothers dairy.

You probably will up your odds of finding fireflies in a field by a creek or a still lake cove. Seems like early summer just after dusk was the prime time for catching them. They are some sort of beetle larva so they have a season and they hatch in still water. Problem is, that still water is also where pollutants like boat oils and trash also accumulate. It was also always hot with little wind and there was always the sound of crickets when they were out.

Sure it's something for adults to do (at least once) , who do you think taught us kids to do it ? ;)

If I remember correctly from that many decades ago, ya find fireflys where ya find the mosquitoes are the worst. Might want to leave your shoes and socks on, but sure, give it a try.

They don't fly very fast, so if ya see a blink in the air in front of you, you can reach out and 'snatch' the critter out of the air. (It takes a little practice.) I kinda get a kick out of catching them and letting them crawl up my hand before they take off again.

Back thirty years I loved to ride my Harley on highway 49 or up in the hi county stoned.
One of my best rides was to Brodie, California.
These days I love to take out one of my horses and go to the beach, that's an all day ride there and back. At the far south end, about 1.5 miles down is a year round water fall and I love riding there and when we turn back I give my Morgan a hyyyyyyyyyaiiiiiiiiii, and we are gone like the wind. I loved my biking days, but they will never be like a horse where you are one with a 1000 pound animal that can ripe your head off.
And yes I have broken bones on horses, mostly straight.

I would have to say that I love sitting on my porch reading something diabolical, (whether it be 'Buddhists in Hell' or something by Stephen King). Also, a nice cup of coffee is required. Also, shooting small animal pests is a great pastime.

I like being outdoors absorbing nature, Swimming and the feel of the water, or just sitting on the couch with most of the lights of listening to music!

I like to hang out in my grow room and listen to music. Walk on the beach with my wife and dog. BBQ. Watch a movie. Play an online video game. Go crabbing/fishing. Smoke pot and sit in my boat. Hiking. Eating. Mess around on my glass torch. Build stuff. Lay there.

Pretty much anything but cleaning :aok:

everything is better with a bag o weed, specially roller coasters :D

The other things I like to do is fish. I wait for awhile and see how the bite is, if it is slow I lite my pipe and damn fish on. Some times I am the only one catching.:)

nvthis said:
Anybody live in firefly country? Man, I have always wanted to burn a nice fatty on a warm evening, take off my shoes and go tromping through a grassy field full of these things.. I've never seen one. Is it more childs play? Or can anyone get in on it?

I would love to take my daughter out and catch them in a jar. That would be pretty trick in my book.

nvthis firefly watching is fantastic, especially when high, you need to be in a dark area to get a great light show. for me it is quite relaxing. I still go and catch firefly's with my daughter.

MJ Child said:
nvthis firefly watching is fantastic, especially when high, you need to be in a dark area to get a great light show. for me it is quite relaxing. I still go and catch firefly's with my daughter.

Some day that'll be me for sure:D

I live in Cali and we don't have these around. I need to find a good place to go. Some place where we could fly in for the weekend, rent a car and head to the country. If there was a fireworks factory close by (with REAL fireworks) hell, we'd be in business!:hubba:

nvthis said:
Some day that'll be me for sure:D

I live in Cali and we don't have these around. I need to find a good place to go. Some place where we could fly in for the weekend, rent a car and head to the country. If there was a fireworks factory close by (with REAL fireworks) hell, we'd be in business!:hubba:

You just described my place....come on up, I'll supply the smoke while your here to make a safe flight!

My mom still tells the story off washing my jeans when I was around 5 and both front pockets being full of lightning bugs/fireflies, needless to say they got all through the wash...from then on she left jars on the front porch for us boys.

We got fireworks sold at every exit off the highway...

Usually after getting high i will smoke a nice cigarette after and then crank up the tiesto and most the times dance the night away lol:rolleyes:

If you like Tiesto

you'll also like : Andy Moor or Whiteroom with Adam White

Oliver Prime

Above & Beyond

Ronski Speed

Redkone

DuMonde

Hiver & Hammer

John Digweed

Markus Schulz

I could go on but you get the point, I'm a Huge trance gamer, Platformers

like Ratchet & Clank or Racing Games and RPGs when I'm Level Smashing:aok:

nice to meet another trance guy in here :), ill check it all out appreciate it bro :rolleyes:

May sound a bit odd (and a tad dangerous) But I like to get ripped and ride my 3 wheeler in the trails behind my home..........(I live in a rural area)

Very relaxing just crusing through the woods......Taking in the sights, sounds, smells of mother nature!

For me the best things to do when high are all the same things I do when sober, just with a bit better of an attitude while I do it :D

Latest posts

Back