Best way to view the trichomes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slartibartfast

Don't Panic
Reaction score
I bought my 60x-100x scope so I could check the trichomes. I tried holding it close to the flowers on my AK48 but couldn't get a good focus without handling the plant too much. I hate to cut a bud off every time I want to look, but I can get a much better view that way. How do you experienced farmers do it? Should I just clip a few of the pistils off?
Still learning.:watchplant:

i think you clip a leaf from near a bud site and look on there. I am not 100% on this because i have never done it. One of the more expercienced folks will let ya know for sure.

bigbudsbruddah said:
...I am not 100% on this because i have never done it. One of the more expercienced folks will let ya know for sure.
That's kinda what I was hoping.

bigbudsbruddah said:
i think you clip a leaf from near a bud site and look on there.

That's what I've been told as well.

Good luck!

I also agree to the above statements.

I invested in a new dig. camera. since I also love taking photos of plants and of my own, I put the money to use so I could have a kickass camera, and something I could see the trichomes with. I have an additional lens so it magnifies even better, then put the camera on close portrait, then I zoom in a bit, but not until it's out of focus, this way you can multiply the image on most digital cameras and still get the same pixels.
if you have a good enough camera, try it, and see if it works for you.

bigbudsbruddah said:
i think you clip a leaf from near a bud site and look on there. I am not 100% on this because i have never done it. One of the more expercienced folks will let ya know for sure.

thats exactly what you do. no need to clip any buds until harvest.

WoOzer

set your digi camera to macro and take a picture at maximum pixels, you will get a stunning close up of the trics

Hippy

A sample using macro

canna 1.JPG

Thanks for your replies, that makes me feel way better. I thought maybe I was supposed to pray for forgiveness to the Ganja Gods before clipping an immature bud.
I wish I had a digital camera that good, mine's just a little 3x econobox. That must be how people around here get those unbelievable pictures that look like their plants are covered with rock candy crystals.

I agree with the clipping a leaf thing. This will be my first harvest and I went and picked up that little microscope. After a couple of minutes of fumbling and going in and out of focus because I couldn't stop my friggin' pulse long enough to keep the thing steady, I was ready to kill myself.

Then I remembered this post and clipped the leaf. All better. Still clear though :( Little while longer

..Grab that bud right by the throat..and press the micro' right down onto the bud. You aren't going to hurt it..My scope has to be scraped to get the resin off periodically.

HICK: No S**T? Right up against the plant like that?

I put mine right up against the bud, excellent view! just becareful and enjoy the view!

Hick said:
..yup "right up against it"...
EX. thread- I also recently purchased a small scope and have had the same problem trying to see into the bud- wondered what I was doing wrong. Am going out right now to try again. Thanks- PLD

Its a shame we cannot put mini avi or mpeg clips on the site, we could all see each others grow and each others macro vids close up ot sticky trich resin glistening with a mosaic of fragmatic colours.

Hippy

Latest posts

Back