Big Buddha Cheese all organic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time4Plan-B said:
Hi lhl the thing with cheese nugs is they are soo very dense in as much as they weigh lots more than they look like you would imagine they weighed.
Looking great btw.
T4

Thx for the info, sounds like something to look forward to.

Looking good lama- nice and frosty. Enjoying the organic route? Looks like the fade hit a little early, but still producing nicely.

Thanks for sharing!

I know you already got it worked out. Sorry for chiming in way to late. But yeah. The prob with the blood meal is we/you lose possibly 30% to 40% of total N from the volaitization with lime. Imagine what they would look like if it had that 40% back for only a few more weeks. Yeah, dark green. But adding more blood is not the answer. Any more and you would burn up the girls when they hit the mix. I think eliminating the blood is the only answer, which I have done. This is the first run, everything remained the same, except I changed the lime to 1c per cf and its 1tb soybean meal and 1tb alfalfa meal per gal of medium. I have no idea if its enough and wont know till for about 12 weeks. Pics of course. But the soy and alfalfa were only .25 a lb, cheaper than blood. I also added in 6lb's cotton seed meal and 5lb's Plant tone (Epsoma product at Depot). I just think the biggest issue is having enough N for the full cycle. Everything else is spot on.

LHL looking great on the virgin voyage of organics. i would def think about using teas. especially weeks 4-6 of bloom. look into fungal teas for that period. best organic bloom booster ever! rev has one for starters. good baseline then start tweeking for their liking.

bho_expertz said:
And the veg time ? ;)
I can't give an exact on that one cause this journal was started post crash, but typical veg time for me is around 3 to 4 weeks from rooted clone.

BBFan said:
Looking good lama- nice and frosty. Enjoying the organic route? Looks like the fade hit a little early, but still producing nicely.

Thanks for sharing!

Hi BBFan, long time no see. Thanks for stopping in! :)

nouvellechef said:
I know you already got it worked out. Sorry for chiming in way to late. But yeah. The prob with the blood meal is we/you lose possibly 30% to 40% of total N from the volaitization with lime. Imagine what they would look like if it had that 40% back for only a few more weeks. Yeah, dark green. But adding more blood is not the answer. Any more and you would burn up the girls when they hit the mix. I think eliminating the blood is the only answer, which I have done. This is the first run, everything remained the same, except I changed the lime to 1c per cf and its 1tb soybean meal and 1tb alfalfa meal per gal of medium. I have no idea if its enough and wont know till for about 12 weeks. Pics of course. But the soy and alfalfa were only .25 a lb, cheaper than blood. I also added in 6lb's cotton seed meal and 5lb's Plant tone (Epsoma product at Depot). I just think the biggest issue is having enough N for the full cycle. Everything else is spot on.

I've got some of the first mix left, and will have to use it up before I make a new batch. Putting the mix in at a ratio closer to 50/50 should help with the early fade I'm thinking. But on my next mix I will go with whatever you come up with on this trial your doing.

docfishwrinkle said:
LHL looking great on the virgin voyage of organics. i would def think about using teas. especially weeks 4-6 of bloom. look into fungal teas for that period. best organic bloom booster ever! rev has one for starters. good baseline then start tweeking for their liking.

Thanks doc, the thing I've liked so far about going organic is that it has been so simple and maintenance free. No testing PH, no mixing and measuring nutes, just straight water and sugar. I know that makes me sound so lazy, but shoot I'm a stoner... of course I'm lazy. :doh:

it is simple & i too am lazy, but must be committed to achieve solid nugs. teas arent that much work at all. fungals take the longest but to each his own.

lordhighlama said:
Thanks doc, the thing I've liked so far about going organic is that it has been so simple and maintenance free. No testing PH, no mixing and measuring nutes, just straight water and sugar. I know that makes me sound so lazy, but shoot I'm a stoner... of course I'm lazy. :doh:

:rofl: Now that's some funny stuff right there LHL!

Funny, but true- if you do all the right things up front.

lordhighlama said:
I can't give an exact on that one cause this journal was started post crash, but typical veg time for me is around 3 to 4 weeks from rooted clone.

Thanks LHL for the info. I'm trying to figure how you guys use the size of the pots regarding the veg time. Thanks once again.

docfishwrinkle said:
it is simple & i too am lazy, but must be committed to achieve solid nugs. teas arent that much work at all. fungals take the longest but to each his own.

I will definitely look into it doc. Do you run tea's on every grow, or just when one of your girls is showing a deficiency?

i run one a week. mix it up & bubble til nose tells me when to use it. 2-4 days usually depending on temp

So the cheese came down this weekend, checked the trichs and saw what I was looking for. Overall this girl was very easy to grow, nice yield, stong odor, super sticky, and had good trich production. I would definitely recommend this budget bean to anyone.

Here she is right before I yelled timber... :D
cheese_full.jpg cheese_full1.jpg

cheese_bud1.jpg cheese_bud.jpg

cheese_bud2.jpg cheese_bud5.jpg cheese_bud7.jpg

cheese_bud3.jpg cheese_bud4.jpg cheese_bud6.jpg

Overall for my first attempt at organics, this was a success. Very easy grow method in my eyes, and I plan to continue with this method and just make some minor tweaks here and there to my method. Thanks go out to all who have helped me throughout this process, and a special thanks to NC for tolerating all of my PM's and questions as I went along.

Here are the last shots of the permafrost before she was chopped. As you can see, These girls need lots of staking and tieing to keep her upright. Once she was pulled from the tent she starts sagging like an old pair of..... well you get the drift. :D
frost_full.jpg

frost_bud.jpg

frost_bud1.jpg

frost_bud2.jpg

i like the look of the cheese lord real easy trimer and solid nug's and as for the premafrost well look at :aok: it nice job man
you got my wanting cheese now after i just order'd seed's LOL :D
peace fruity

LHL nice 1st go at it. job well done. organic is a beautiful thing. the perma that is still in circulation around here is soooooooo good. best dirt tasting bud in my book. hope yours is too.

that soil looks like it has a good blend. is it NC's newest version or did you do some tweaking on it?

fruity86 said:
i like the look of the cheese lord real easy trimer and solid nug's and as for the premafrost well look at :aok: it nice job man
you got my wanting cheese now after i just order'd seed's LOL :D
peace fruity

Like I said up above fruity, I would recommend it to anyone. I was very pleased with all aspects of it. Save it for you next order! :D

docfishwrinkle said:
LHL nice 1st go at it. job well done. organic is a beautiful thing. the perma that is still in circulation around here is soooooooo good. best dirt tasting bud in my book. hope yours is too.

that soil looks like it has a good blend. is it NC's newest version or did you do some tweaking on it?

Thanks doc, means a lot coming from you my friend. The soil mix is straight from NC minus his latest additions. This mix was still using bone, and blood for N. Still waiting on NC's update with the alfalfa meal and other additions.

Cheese is a beaut man! Permafrost isn't a bad looking female, but WOW! That cheese is definetly going in the room next time I order beans! Thanks for the share bro!:cool2:

glad you liked Gixxerman... not bad for a budget strain!

also just thought I'd mention that when I harvested the cheese I left a bit of bud on her in an attempt to re-veg. Just seeing what she can take I guess. Will update her progress if she pulls through.

Great job Lama! Who is the Cheese breeder? and Permafrost breeder?

Latest posts

Back