BIG CFL's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tossing in my two cents. 600 watt bulbs have the best lumen to watt ratio incase you were interested.

thc is good for me said:
Lol i kinda said the same thing as before but i really think you will get better results from 188,000 lumens of HPS+CFL light than with 190,000 lumens of just HPS light. Plus Cfls are a different spectrum of light so you will have a broader spectrum of light to grow with.
Why do people like mixing spectrums so much? Red light is all you need during flowering. Blue light is all you need during veg.

So for $399 you can get 188,000 lumens and you will have side lighting for those buds hidden under the canopy.
The only thing that's going to be hidden in that case would be the precious HPS light from the plants. The CFLs need to be very close to the plants, therefore blocking the angle the light is coming down onto the edges of the canopy. This is detrimental, not productive. Not to mention the weak CFL light won't even be able to reach the lower buds... get those CFLs out of the way and let the HPS do it's job!

buy 4x400W MH and 3x400W HPS, use 4x400W MH for vegetation and 3x400MH + 3x400WHPS for flowering.

CFL's seem to be more for lowbudget or small spaces...if u can afford it got with HID dude...all the way. Happy growing!@!

Latest posts

Back