biocanna organic do i need to adjust ph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrspliffy

Reaction score
the instructions on my nutrient solution says the nutrient mix doed not need to be acidified as the celates in the matching soil i'm using naturally adjust ph etc.also if my water is 7.3 do i need to lower this when i'm giving water only

Hi,

Many organic gardners don't adjust the ph of their nutes for the reasons you mentioned but many also do... I grow organically and still prefer to bring my mixed up nute solution to around 6.3 - 6.5 before I feed my plants and I do the same with plain water. I do use an organic 'Natural Up and Natural Down' ph adjuster product that is made by Earth Juice but there are many natural household items that can be used as well such as apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.

I add some sweet lime (pulverized dolomite) to my soil to help maintain the ph but it takes some time in the soil to break it down. I guess I just think the more balanced the ph is with what you give your plants, the more likely it will maintain that optimum balance. The EJ Natural ph down comes in powder form and the smallest amount goes a long way. When adjusting water it takes the smallest amount - about a pinch - to adjust several gallons from 7 to 6.5 so take it very slow when adjusting.

Happy Growing!:cool:

THANKS I THINK I'LL POP TO THE GROW STO:hubba: RE AND LOOK FOR AN ORGANIC PH UP/DOWN.

Latest posts

Back