Blue Mystic? Blue garbage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
Useless. Hardly any resin production. Hardly any trichs. I've had it with this strain. I tried an entire :tokie: from the dried cola. Practically nothing. Oh it does have a blueberry flavour to the smoke. You may as well smoke real blueberries, they'd probably have more effect.

Hey, Nirvana people: :hitchair::mad:

May have been better if placed here instead of here

also I think UKgirl420 grew this strain and gave the strain a thumbs up.

Yeah, I'll take pics tomorrow. Here's a cola:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47902
It's just so annoying. This is worse than the worst of my own attempts at breeding. Basically I am down to a one-plant harvest now; I am throwing the Mystic away, it is not even as good as brick weed. No point in growing out the clones, they are going on the compost tomorrow. So now I have two Domina clones left, one a lot behind the other; I had better take 6 Domina clones tomorrow so that I can catch up later.

Thats insane.....

Maybe you grew some legal bud dude.

Probably even legal "bud" is better than this. And I don't believe this is due to my failings; the Black Domina was grown side by side under the same conditions: lamps, ferts, temps, everything. And it has turned out to be some of the best bud I have ever smoked. Whereas the Blue Mystic . . . it beats me how anyone could put a strain like that on to the market and think it acceptable. So today I have to begin the task of rescuing my supply situation. Argh.

some times that happens leafminer.

even in nature not everything is perfect.

I have read here at MP of a few grows where the tric production was lacking to non existent on plants and the same seeds/ plants putting out trics all over the place.

Ive done a few Blue Mystic grows and I did get a the pheno that was lacking trichs too. Most of the plants were crazy dank goodness but there was a pheno that was garbage.

I actually cloned from that crappy pheno before I flowered and gave a few to my buddy not knowing that it produced weak amounts of trichs. Pretty much ruined half his grow cause the weed was so bad.

It is so crazy how most of the seeds were the bomb and then some just sucked.

Did you get any good phenos from your pack o seeds or were they all junk?

Just a bad set somehow. I saw some other pics of Blue and it was looking like straight dank. Srry, sucks for all that time and money spent. If it makes you feel better, I took 15 clones from the healthiest AK47 and none from the other 4. All 5 were fem seeds from Nirvana. The other 4 i did not take clones from had 50% more trich prodution on them. The clones were still dank, but learned my lesson.

I have grown about ten of Nirvanas strains and have loved them all. That one Blue Mystic pheno was the only problem Ive had with their gear. And I forgot all about it until you mentioned it.

That sucks leafminer! Did you grow out all the mystic beans, or just a few? I'm just curiouse if all your pheno's were bad...I'd be mad to! I have seen this with alot of strains I have grow over the yrs, some pheno's are just better than others. This is why I clone 4 from each when starting from seed, then I take the best one or 2 for mothers after the taste test. I must say I have never had one that I had to throw in the trash though, the 2nd string always got grown out, and harvested...Sorry to hear this Leaf!

Leafminer that is very disappointing for the both of us. I'm about three months into a grow, going to go 12-12 in 2 weeks. Of the six plants that turned out to be girls one is a Blue Mystic. I have been topping all the plants to keep the height down and get them bushier. The BM is shorter then all the other of plants but it is the only one that is already showing some frost on both the bottom and top of the leaves. That plus the top has really filled out with many new growths and the nodes are very close together. Not a single one of the others have any frost (which is what I'd expect at this point).

Mokey, if it is frosting, then keep going. Mine never frosted. In fact I pretty much could hardly find any trichs at all.
In answer to the question as to how many I grew, it was 5 seeds as part of a mixed package from individual... I germed four, three came up male and one female. I still have one seed but it will be going in the trash.
I hear that others have had OK results, but, frankly, I believe that putting an unstable genotype on the market is a disservice to growers.
Pics included as per request . . .

mystic.jpg

notrichs.jpg

Leafminer, so how tall did the BM grow. Mine is about 18" tall at this point but has many preflowers and some nice frost. I've never taken clones but was thinking about taking one from the BM. I planted two Blue Mystic and got one male and one female. Good thing is all 6 plants are diffrent stains. I like variety. What is the full name of the other plants you are so happy about?

man and I have those seeds..maybe a club will buy em..

Mokey1 said:
Leafminer, so how tall did the BM grow. Mine is about 18" tall at this point but has many preflowers and some nice frost. I've never taken clones but was thinking about taking one from the BM. I planted two Blue Mystic and got one male and one female. Good thing is all 6 plants are diffrent stains. I like variety. What is the full name of the other plants you are so happy about?

The BM went to 42" (3ft 6") before I went to 12-12 and would have gone to 5ft I think, but I was out of room. I also had to pinch for height control.

The other strain is Black Domina from Sensi Seeds. This pic from yesterday:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=145938&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1262479022
I am thinking seriously about trying the Jack Herer and also getting some autos to keep me going.

Scratch Blue Mistic off the possible seeds to buy from Nirvana. Did you notify them?
I agree sales from "Seed Stores" should be stable....or we would not be paying the big $ for them.

I agree...too many out there trying to make a buck with unstable genetics, Nirvana is one of the old time names though that should be trustworthy, they've been around for a long time...but also been through some owner/managment changes to, so maybe the quality control suffered for that. That Sucks Leafminer! Sorry for your luck!

tcbud said:
Scratch Blue Mistic off the possible seeds to buy from Nirvana. Did you notify them?
I agree sales from "Seed Stores" should be stable....or we would not be paying the big $ for them.

Yeah, there was another thread on that. I waited a week and got a load of nonsense from someone who seemed to have no idea at all. Gave up in disgust. Kind of like asking the security guard at Home Despot what is the difference between T5s and CFLs. (No I haven't done this :D )

Latest posts

Back