Blueberry yield problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godtea

Reaction score
A friend of mine got ahold of some blueberry and he isn't happy with his yeild
he does sea of green and he was a skunk #1 grower before this .
I don't have alot of details but I would assume he's looking for aprx. 28g
per plant .
could it be because he doesn't have alternating nodes ?
I assume that he isn't getting alot of density.
He uses 400w hps and soil
I ask not just for him I plan on getting a clone or two from him.

i got a clone of Blueberry G13......i grew 3 plants under a 400w hps, using low stress training....My yeild was absolutely amazing!!!

He's propablely looking for a 8-9 week flower period

godtea said:
A friend of mine got ahold of some blueberry and he isn't happy with his yeild

could it be because he doesn't have alternating nodes ?

All MJ plants should have alternating nodes within 4 weeks of breaking soil. Are you saying he flowered them with 12/12 before alternating nodes were observed?

If so, sounds like the yield problem is starting flowering too early with not enough veg, and not strain related.

Blueberry is a very good strain, if that's what he's really got.

All MJ plants should have alternating nodes within 4 weeks of breaking soil.
..???... I have to beg to differ. Not "ALL". Most indicas.. maybe, but "IME", most strains take between 4-6 weeks to begin alternating nodes.
I've never grown a "Skunk" named strain, but can testify to Blueberry yeilds, when given a nice long veg' period.
blueberry397.JPG

:holysheep: sweeeet plant, now i know i gotta have blueberry!

Potbelly ;I thought that could have been the problem
Now once your mother matures enough to have alternating nodes do all future clones have them?
Hick are those 8' 2x6 in that photo?
That thing looks like it came off of King Kongs island you got a couple of days worth of twist there
Very impresive ,it appears you know a thing or two about the craft.

Now once your mother matures enough to have alternating nodes do all future clones have them?
yes, your cuttings are chronologically the same age.

Hick are those 8' 2x6 in that photo?
probably closer to 10', the 2 plants stood close to 8'.

Very impresive ,it appears you know a thing or two about the craft.
..ahh, everybody gets lucky on occasion ;) thanks :)

Hick said:
..???... I have to beg to differ. Not "ALL". Most indicas.. maybe, but "IME", most strains take between 4-6 weeks to begin alternating nodes.
I've never grown a "Skunk" named strain, but can testify to Blueberry yeilds, when given a nice long veg' period.
blueberry397.JPG

/boner:watchplant:

umbra said:
I suspect there is a little more than luck involved. LOL
Nope good luck and a talent for gettin the ole finger nails dirty. :D
Nice Hick very very nice. :D

Hick said:
Not "ALL". Most indicas.. maybe, but "IME", most strains take between 4-6 weeks to begin alternating nodes.

Thanks Hick for the clarification. "All" is a little too absolute when you're dealing with MJ.:rolleyes:

I think sometimes there is some confusion between "sexual maturity" and "alternating nodes". IME, I have induced visible pistils on a 22 day old seedling, but it did not have alt nodes at that time. It was about 14 more days until the first set of alt nodes appeared.

Pot Belly said:
Thanks Hick for the clarification. "All" is a little too absolute when you're dealing with MJ.:rolleyes:

I think sometimes there is some confusion between "sexual maturity" and "alternating nodes". IME, I have induced visible pistils on a 22 day old seedling, but it did not have alt nodes at that time. It was about 14 more days until the first set of alt nodes appeared.

did those plants have opposing branches with small buds?

godtea said:
did those plants have opposing branches with small buds?

The plant did get alternating nodes. The side growth coming from the bottom of the plant had the alternating nodes.

My buds were big. It turned into one big fat cola. If I hadn't started 12/12 from seed, I would have had (x) many more buds based on the size of the plant.

But all the other stuff, light, temps, humidity, nutes, was right on. So I got max yield off my 12/12 plant, which was an ounce dried. Not enough for my needs in between harvests, so I veg longer.

Maybe he has other issues causing a lack of yield.

Latest posts

Back