bong cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groworganic

Reaction score
what is the best way to clean a bong? i want to avoid wasting money on those solutions, so is there something i can do at home? Its especially hard for me because my bong has a separate chamber with a percolator. Please help, this thing is getting nasty! thanks :bong:

groworganic said:
what is the best way to clean a bong? i want to avoid wasting money on those solutions, so is there something i can do at home? Its especially hard for me because my bong has a separate chamber with a percolator. Please help, this thing is getting nasty! thanks :bong:
salt & alcohol. what you got roor or illadelph? lookin 2 get illadelph round x-mas. post some pics when u get it buffed.

Don't ever boil your piece or use hot water or extreme cold water, it could crack. Isopropyl alchohol from like Wal=Mart or something will clean the glass pretty nice. I've used salt, and it's better than no salt but the piece never did get comepletely clean.

I've always heard that saltwater, and alcohol does the trick, it HAS worked for me in the past, BUT, I always like simply buying a new bong...

Sometimes i use iso..

Sometimes i also like to use greased lightning. In reverse order. Never thought to add salt. Good idea though.

Another thing I've been doing is putting old, clogged glass pipes in this little tupperware butter container we have, and fill it with alcohol. Then I just let it soak for 2+weeks and after that all the resin just comes out with a good swipe from my favorite poker. Between the carb hole and the mouth piece I can get it looking pretty new.

docfishwrinkle said:
salt & alcohol. what you got roor or illadelph? lookin 2 get illadelph round x-mas. post some pics when u get it buffed.
No, it's made by MediCali, and it will put you into orbit! How much salt should i use with the Iso?

groworganic said:
How much salt should i use with the Iso?

I use about 3 tablespoons of salt and maybe 1/2-3/4 cup of alcohol for a 2 foot tube/single bubble

Dr. Manny Bowles said:
Plain table salt and rubbing alcohol is what I've always used. Works great, just add/swish/repeat.
***Don't use alcohol on acrylic/plastic tubes, they crack. I learned that one the hard way...doh!

i use this method too, but ive found that if you heat up the rubbing alcohol in the microwave for a few seconds (like 3-5, it has a low boiling level) it cuts right thru the resin.

....TRUST ME ON THIS GUYS !!!! go buy some acetone....use only on glass...soak for 5 minutes......if resin is thick, use BB's to swirl around in the acetone inside the bong/pipe...like new every time...NO SMELL what so ever...also rinse with warm then cold water and she ready to go

Beware!!! Salt and Alcohol Dry Out your skin.... Also they Tend to hurt a bit if you have any open cuts lol:D

Formula 420 glass cleaner
A product known as the "Cleaning Buddy" which is a small green thing with a couple of magnets in it that u put little scrubby pads on one part and drop in the bong then use the other part to pull it against the inside and u scrub around.

And the ever so important pipe cleaners and elbow grease.

Spotless in less than 25 minutes.

Fire it up
KT

Hey For 12 years I've always Boiled my Pieces not bongs, but the best way i've found is getting a nice Long handled Sponge and just some hot soapy water man. Cheapest way hands down.

_Sir Smokes Alot_ said:
Hey For 12 years I've always Boiled my Pieces not bongs, but the best way i've found is getting a nice Long handled Sponge and just some hot soapy water man. Cheapest way hands down.

NEVER BOIL GLASS, THAT BRINGS THE STRESS CRACKS BACK OUT IN THE PIECE MAKING IT FAR GREATER TO BREAK UR PIECE.

ktownlegend said:
NEVER BOIL GLASS, THAT BRINGS THE STRESS CRACKS BACK OUT IN THE PIECE MAKING IT FAR GREATER TO BREAK UR PIECE.
Well if you make pieces then Maybe I'd listen, but where I'm from we get THICK glassed pieces. They don't break easy. But the whole piece is thick around.

I have pipes i can throw through windows and not break, as a matter of fact i do blow glass, AND IM TELLING YOU FOR YOUR OWN GOOD don't boil your glass it takes the kiln temp out of the piece making far more fragile and easier to break. But then again this is the second time in 20 minutes you want to doubt information, maybe i'll just stop helping you. and let you keep doing things which aren't good.

Or you could take the advice and put it to good use. Your choice im just trying to save you a headache.

ktownlegend said:
I have pipes i can throw through windows and not break, as a matter of fact i do blow glass, AND IM TELLING YOU FOR YOUR OWN GOOD don't boil your glass it takes the kiln temp out of the piece making far more fragile and easier to break. But then again this is the second time in 20 minutes you want to doubt information, maybe i'll just stop helping you. and let you keep doing things which aren't good.

Or you could take the advice and put it to good use. Your choice im just trying to save you a headache.
Dude stfu and chill. I'm not going to argue over something that i do and you don't. Idc..this thread was about bong cleaning anyway. Go somewhere else if you want to argue like a kid

Latest posts

Back