broken link

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will see what I can do to repair the link. However, to your question, regardless of what it says there, you do not need to keep your 1000W 4' away from the canopy. I hope it doesn't say that because that is ludicrous. I was just in checking my plants and noticed that I am going to have to lower one of the plants because it is almost ready to touch the glass. If it is not uncomfortable for your hand at the top of the canopy, your plants should be fine a whole lot closer. You can run a lot closer with an air cooled hood. You can get bleaching if the light is too close, too.

i found the link i was looking for...had saved it in my favs folder:rolleyes:
hxxp://www.weedfarmer.com/cannabis/lightguide_guide.php
i know i got to it from our grow guides section, but not sure now if associated with the broken link...

'

HID LightingHelpful Tips​

.hxxp://www.weedfarmer.com/cannabis/tip.gifHanging height: Due to the heat that is emitted from these types of fixtures, you should hang them according to size. Smaller wattage systems (100 and 250) should be hung about 2 to 3 feet from the top of the plants. Medium wattage systems (400 and 600) should be hung around 4 feet from the top of the plants. High wattage systems (1000 and up) should be placed at least 4 to 6 feet from the plant tops.​

you might like this
hxxp://youtu.be/mxV7n8vz7rk

I don't know about this info:Smaller wattage systems (100 and 250) should be hung about 2 to 3 feet from the top of the plants. Medium wattage systems (400 and 600) should be hung around 4 feet from the top of the plants. High wattage systems (1000 and up) should be placed at least 4 to 6 feet from the plant tops. That is not too good of tips.
Setting HID lights that far away will lead to significant stretch. If the lights are emitting too much heat then you need to have them in air-cooled hoods that are vented to the outside so that the heat is removed from the space.
I keep my lights within 20"(more often closer to 12") of the canopy so that I am getting maximum coverage while keeping the Lux level as high as possible. :)

I don't know about this info
yeah, i didn`t like the sound of it...i thought it was associated with the broken link, but i`m not so sure now. I know i did get there by clicking on a link somewhere in grow resources...

Latest posts

Back