bud rot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddyo

mmmm... cookies...
Reaction score
so, other than due diligence, is there a treatment that with curb this.
today i found three spots on one of my girls!!
i still have 3 or 4 weeks to go...
this is the worst, after all that we've been through this year to loose it to rot right before harvest.

Can you cover them or improve air flow in any way? I am assuming too much rain is the reason for the rot?

I had bud rot on a couple plants last season and it spreads so quickly! I lost the colas so I cut them off, thinking that that would cure the problem... They got even worse in less than one week! IMO, I would opt for an early harvest. You're only three weeks out, so there should be some smokeable bud. Last year I chanced it, and lost almost the entire plant(s) to rot. Do what you gotta do, but I'm just speaking from personal exterience. Good Luck!

I lost a lot of plants to bud rot last year. It doesnt take long for that stuff to spread. I lost my prize eight foot plant last year to rot. The whole thing.

Cut that stuff out as meticulous as you can. Every last bit. Bud rot can be treated w/ some antifungals. Maybe a none spray treatment would be advisable, it's tough man this late in flowering. I feel your pain. Years ago I lost over 180 outdoors because of lack of experience planting in moist areas w/o enough general airflow. Some times bud mold can really takes it's toll - I wish you the best of luck - The early harvest may not be a bad idea if humidity continues to rise and the rain falls. Cut it all out...........

I found a little spot on my biggest and healthiest plant yesterday... With the best airflow around it... A simple snip was all it took. Now I have a little demo where it isn't infected! Anyways, good luck. It is a pain. Thankfully I am super close to harvest time for about half my plants...

kat1955 said:
what does bud rot look like?

im sure you rather not know....

it looks like ****. like your buds are turning to ****! :eek:

has anyone done any investigation as to the genetics? are all varieties susceptible? I think I would make it a priority if I lived in an area prone to bud rot.

Latest posts

Back