Buds are browning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the first things I learned this season was that pistils are an alarm signal for rot/worms. If you're in early/mid flower and all your pistils are alive and bright, and a small section of them are dead, then it's very likely something is wrong with the buds they are attached to.

In my case it was a single budworm.

Deep fried is learning that is very true pistols tell a lot about bud health

You said the buds were turning brown from the BOTTOM of the plant. The picture shows the TOP of the buds. If there is browning on the BOTTOM of the buds (or inside the buds), that's a different story.

Two different posters.

The OP apparently only made the one post, at least his post count is at 1.

Wet

thats a nice tree, good luck harvesting it

As a breeder it looks very much to me like you have been pollinated. Once a pistol has been entered by pollen, the pollen travels through the pistol and it dies off. Check your lower buds for an banana looking things sticking out. You could be hermie'ing. With hermaphrodites you usually get one or 2 nanners, enough to pollinate buds close but not enough for the whole plant.

I will be posting pics of pollination process tonight or tomorrow with before and after pictures of a bud.

Latest posts

Back