Bug Control In Fl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jao33333

Reaction score
I am 18 days into my Northern Lights & White Rhino Grow. It was a late starte this year for my girls and the first time i have grow in this climate, thus not knowing the down low of all the pest and bugs here besides the norm like rats, rabits etc. I made a DYI green house for the gils with a clear roof, worked great but now they are to tall for the roof and there is a, i am assumin a Bug that chewed all of my 13 girls cotyledon leaves, aka feeder leaves but did not touch the stocks or any part of the rest of girls YET !!! I would normally try taking care of this matter with some oganic DR Bronner's pepperment soap diluted in water spraded on the foliage at there bed time. Would this be ok only 18 days old. I would normally starte them indoors but was not possible this year thus the DYI GreenHouse. Thanks JJ :)

photo_070309_008 (4).jpg

photo_070309_007 (4).jpg

With pics of the leaves we could better diagnose the issue. If only fan larger fan leaves are being eating it could be slugs and not insects at all. Most insects will hang around the plant, typically on the underside. Slugs will attack at night and early morning and hide below soil debris during the day. Take a flashlight out there and check them out at night. Sluggo works great they are the issue.

Once your plants are sizable larger rodents problems will diminish other than minor lower leaf damage once in a blue moon. Preventative measures are the best approach to insects outside. Assume you will have to deal with them and be ready. Good luck

jmansweed said:
With pics of the leaves we could better diagnose the issue. If only fan larger fan leaves are being eating it could be slugs and not insects at all. Most insects will hang around the plant, typically on the underside. Slugs will attack at night and early morning and hide below soil debris during the day. Take a flashlight out there and check them out at night. Sluggo works great they are the issue.

Once your plants are sizable larger rodents problems will diminish other than minor lower leaf damage once in a blue moon. Preventative measures are the best approach to insects outside. Assume you will have to deal with them and be ready. Good luck
Thanks, I am well aware of the slug problems in the cutivation world. As for pic this wolud not help it's not like there is a certain patter on the fan leaves or somthing to show. The Cotyledon leaves are eaten in half or gone. I feel it is clearly due to some critter eatting most aof the cotyledon leaves, this also happen when they first pop through the soil and i lost two Rhino's due to this Critter I fully understamnd as they harded off they are less of an attractent then when there in full bloom or seedling stage. Sorry next time i will be clearer I just wonted to ask of anyone if they have used a soap and water soltion this earlly in the stage as a bug deturent and will this harm the grils.

You can use weak formulated soaps early on if you feel thats the issue.

Latest posts

Back