Build your own Odor Neutralizing Machine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
which way is the fan supposed to face? So that it pulls air in the top or so that air is pulled into the holes and ejected from the top?
im curious on this as well. but since ive built one i have my fan (a 4" high velocity cheapy from wal-mart) facing down pullin air in from top and blowin out the holes, but today im refilling it and startin to wonder the same thing if its the other way around.. :confused2: either way its worked so far but could it be better switched around? idk...

anyone own one the actual ona breeze fan that this ona bucket is a DIY of?
i been lookin round onlie tryi to see somethin dictating which way is proper on this thing and i've seen DIY';s setup both ways :confused2:

The holes in the side pull in the air and the fan blows it out of the top. In effect the smells are pulled in mix with the concentrates and then get the "fresh laundry" smells blown out ;) Im shocked that its been this long ago that i made one and its still works well. The sent isnt as strong as it used to be but its still going, i think ill go and get new mix for the bucket today so it will be a bit more powerful for the Spacecase that stinking up my room.

thanks dubba and 4u..
Is that froggy starting to stink
LOL yeah. she smell like cat pee and pine trees to be precise. the best way i can explain her.
but really she not stinkin the joint up any tho. i always had an ona bucket this whole time only i been usin it backwards LOL fan blowin down in to bucket and out holes on sides. but i did try it for while other way and wow. wat a difference :)

hey guys, i went to wally world and lowes today looking for ONA. neither place had it. i did find something by glade called "odor absorbing gel". it looks like crisco and comes in different flavors. has anyone tried this or heard of anyone using this product in place of the ONA? the canister is just a little smaller than a quart and has a vented lid. lasts up to 60 days. found the soil moist at lowes too. it was $12 for a 1lb bag

fishboybug said:
hey guys, i went to wally world and lowes today looking for ONA. neither place had it. i did find something by glade called "odor absorbing gel". it looks like crisco and comes in different flavors. has anyone tried this or heard of anyone using this product in place of the ONA? the canister is just a little smaller than a quart and has a vented lid. lasts up to 60 days. found the soil moist at lowes too. it was $12 for a 1lb bag

Give it a try and let us know..I did with freebreez concentrate..worked well for me..the ONA block i got from Hydro store..Good luck and keep us posted

it looks like crisco and comes in different flavors
you didnt taste it, did you? lol

I did with freebreez concentrate..worked well for me
how well compared to the actual ona tho would ya say 4U? i ask cuz teh gallon of ona i got cost me 30 sum dollars plus shipping. and i know dang febreeze concentrate aint that much. are you talkin the refil jug or is it a concentrate by febreeze tat you suppose to add water to ?

zipflip said:
thanks dubba and 4u..
LOL yeah. she smell like cat pee and pine trees to be precise. the best way i can explain her.
:)
i just tried some stuff that smelled like cat pee with a finishing hint of a tomato plant? does this stuff have a name? it was a friend's and he gave me the seed he found.
:confused:

idk it was from bagseed the one i grew. form brick shwag bud. it was definately sativa too. i think most ya more pure sativas or sat doms will have a pretty pungeant odor to them. i know all the brick weed ive ever had in my life just stank crazy all similarly skunky in resemblance or liek cat pee or pine trees lol.
imo there no way in the world to say wat strain a plant is jst by lookin at it unless you know teh line of genetics it come from.

i might have missed it on here but has anyone tried to use this bucket to vent out instead of carbon....to save room in grow box

hey guys, been thinking about just sticking a block of this stuff in my a/c return. when you dissolve ONA in water, does it increase the smell? i have an area in my a/c return vent right behind my filter that is about 20"x4" where i could place a container. has anyone every tried this? i don't see the point of making the bucket unless you need to mix it water to increase the potency of the agent. can someone who has built a bucket let me know if mixing it makes it smell stronger or not?

ok. i got an idea im a try out next time imy ona bucket needs refreshing/refilled....

all this time i been usin ONA liquid i just cant help but fid the smell or at least a good portion of the smell being somewat similar to that of them scented pine sol's that come out not too long ago
hxxp://www.pinesol.com/our-products-scented/

i've also googled round on wat ingredients may be of the ONA, etc... but couldnt find jack but only came up wit 1 serch result that caugh my attention. it was talkin bout fillin a bowl wit pine sol and set in a room to neutralize odors in that room hmmmm
so with all this im gonna pick me up a bottle 1 of the scented brand pine sol's and use that instead of actual liquid ONA.
i mean heck even if it works but lasts only half as long as the actual ONA, it'd still be hella cheaper than payin 30-45$ dependin on shippin charges for a gallon of the ONA stuff vs few bux for a bottle thats wat maybe a quart or more of the pine sol :confused2:
wat you all who use the liquid ONA think bout the smell almost resembling taht of pine sol?
idk but im almost certain tehre pinesol in there LOL
but give me a week to get town an get the pine sol an i'll let ya all knwo how it goes.

heres a weird but yet need to know quiestion...
let me know if im wrong..
these odour machines.. the ones with the ONA
there not removing the the smell but yet "masking" up the smell
like a restraunt bathroom... or an incent does...
it makes more sence to me to have a carbonaited scrubber of some sort yes? no? just my thoughts and opinions.. ive never used it so im noot too sure..
lol
peace LH

If you place this in the grow room will it taint the taste or smell of the bud? It seems like a killer idea if these two concerns aren't an issue.

LEFTHAND said:
heres a weird but yet need to know quiestion...
let me know if im wrong..
these odour machines.. the ones with the ONA
there not removing the the smell but yet "masking" up the smell
like a restraunt bathroom... or an incent does...
it makes more sence to me to have a carbonaited scrubber of some sort yes? no? just my thoughts and opinions.. ive never used it so im noot too sure..
lol
peace LH

yes its a mask the smell....and carbon scrubbers are best in the grow room area..but i hang dry mine in a bedroom closet..so the smell in room gets a bit overwhelming..so outside room i run this..its more so when ya come in my home you smell laundry..not skunk..hope this helps..

gongageek said:
If you place this in the grow room will it taint the taste or smell of the bud? It seems like a killer idea if these two concerns aren't an issue.

IMO...it will..and wouldnt use in a flower room..maybe veg ..but then theres no smell ther..huh?

We're about to downgrade and move into an apartment where I'm going to be growing on the balcony this coming season. Will this work well enough that people on other balconies beside, under, and above me won't smell the plants?

I registered here specifically to ask this question lol I can't find that info anywhere on google.

Latest posts

Back