Building a Grow table... quick question about HID distance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

st00ner

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am building a table to grow under outlined here:

Top Plywood:
36" Wide
48" Long

Supports:
36" Tall
4"x4"

Cross Sections:
28"
4"x2"

40"
4"x2"

I am covering the table with a dense cloth that drags onto the floor to seal the light, and have a tarp under that with TONS OF AIR FRESHENER.

I am using the 28" cross sections to hold 8 40W 4' T5 Bulbs. There is one placed at 16" for when they are seedlings(9" tall pots), and the other is placed at 33" for flowering.

The reason I am using T5's is I am unsure if I could put 3 150W HPS bulbs in at the very top without burning the plants from being to close.

I am growing lowryder #2's which should not get taller than 18" + 9"(Pot size) = 27" I hope. They are in 1.5 liter pots

Is 6" between an 150 watt HPS and the plant enough? I can always make my table taller, but dont want to if I dont have to because I want it to blend in.

I would rather get 100 Lumens per watt instead of 70.....

Well its built, no pics but its pretty awsome. For now I covered it with blankets and put alot of decorative stuff on top of it. Put a projector up on it so it appears to have a legit purpose :D

Latest posts

Back