Building new rooms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dytnasty

Reaction score
I'm going to be setting up grows rooms for a buddy. Last time I did this was years ago with help from this forum. Alas, I don't recall much from those days. Lol

I've essentially got 3 rooms at my disposal, and finances aren't if much concern. Two rooms are approximately 10'x10' and the other is smaller.

In one of the bigger rooms, I plan on housing clones and vegging plants, since they both need 247 lighting.

So I'm trying to figure out my lighting situation here. For the begging/cloning room I want to use fluorescents. But I don't recall how many lumens per square foot are needed to veg plants.

We want these plants to be sizeable. I am probably going to veg them for a month and a half to two months before flowering them. I also intend to do a little HST on them while they're vegging to increase my yields. I don't know if that matters or not.

I have approximately 20 seeds to start off with. So initial yields will not be as large as desired but I understand that. Currently, I have selected 1x 4' 8-bulb T5HO light for the clones, and 2x 4' 8-bulb T5HO lights for the vegging area.

We intend to use the entire room instead of building tents. Do you advise against this? Eventually I intend to be vegging many clones in the room and moving them into 2 flowering rooms. Essentially we are just going to seal the rooms and use them as if they are tents.

He wants to try to keep energy costs down by growing LED in these 10' x 10' rooms. Would it be more cost effective to buy LED lights for the flowering rooms or HPS hoods?

I'm also still trying to figure out ventilation. We will probably take it up into the attic.

Latest posts

Back