burning sulfur?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mendo local

Med Grower
Reaction score
Im starting to get a little pm, so im going to burn sulfur like usual.
But I am wondering, how often can I safely burn to eradicate the Powdery mildew?
I usually do it onve a week for 3 weeks, but does anyone do it a few days in a row?
Im thinking every night for 3 or 4 night to totally eliminate the mildew.
Is this ok?
Any input is appreciated!

female talk? pm?

I know nothing!! whooo.....

jeez I dont understand this???

Powdery mildew is a serious plant disease that you can conquer organically with a simple, nontoxic solution of milk and water.

Brazilian scientist Wagner Bettiol was looking for a cheap way to control powdery mildew when he discovered that weekly sprays of milk controlled the growth of powdery mildew in zucchini just as effectively as toxic fungicides such as fenarimol or benomyl. And not only that, the milk spray boosted the plants' immune systems.

For decades, organic gardeners have been relying on a somewhat cumbersome spray of baking soda combined with a sticking agent—like oil or soap—to fight powdery mildew without poison. But Bettiol found that the super-easy concoction of nine parts water to one part milk slashed the severity of powdery mildew infection by 90 percent.

TIPS

Bettiol used raw milk straight from the cow, but other researchers have found store-bought skim milk to be equally effective.

Don't be tempted to go for better, faster results by increasing the ratio of milk to water. Bettiol found that using solutions with more than 30 percent milk caused a harmless fungus to grow on the plants.

This is a simple and easy cure and works ;)

I'm sure L. Bacillus has a lot to do with that. Lacto bacteria can be fed to plants diluted. On another site I found a recipe for making L.Bacillus cultures. If anyone is interested i'll find the info and post it here:).

Sounds fun. The milk thing I have heard of, but never tried, But I doubt it would be effective. PM is a scourge. IMO, hard to eridicate. If you have a smaller garden, this would be fesaable.

I have tried NUMEROUS "fixes" for PM, to no avail. If anything, they helped control the PM, not eridicate it.

The ONLY thing I have found to completley get rid of PM is to Burn Sulpher.

So, Mendo Local, here is my answer.

When I first see PM, I will run the sulpher burner for 45 minuates a day, for 2-3 weeks. No kidding. Everyday. I will only do this 2-3 weeks into flower. So it is critical to spot out the PM in veg, if you can.
To do this, I use a white light flashlight and "scan" over the plants with the room dark. The PM will show itself fairly easy like this. It is harder to spot wwhen your HID's are on.
Also, look at the lower parts of the plants, as this is where it will show itself first.

I have seen no adverse effects by running the sulpher everyday. But it does kill off the PM.

Sounds good, just didnt know if burning it often would cause harm.

Thanks hal I will give it a shot for a few weeks straight.

sorry mendo... I thought you means PMS....

you did scare me for a moment...

yes that.. milk/water mixed.. baby formula is great... after few days..
rinse it with clean distilled water.. you do not want milk to give off odors after few days..

England is also correct. The "milk" method does work, from what I am told. I heard that str8 milk not pasturized works better.

I still run sulpher tho., works well for me..

Latest posts

Back