Bushy NL x BB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longtimegrower

Reaction score
Has anyone grown this strain and if so was yours bushy. Im talking about one foot tall but with 11 nodes on it making up 22 limbs on the plant. Im not sure weather to flower it or clone it. Its on 24 hour light and showing female already. Its about 5 weeks old and so bushy its just a thick ball. The limbs on bottom are eight inches and shorten as you go up tward the top. It seems to be loving my light. Any imput would help. Slim

hey man i have a friend and he grew that strain thats a realy nice bushy plant keep it vegging fo about a nother week and then flower it that plant makes nice sticky buds that r full of resin and give u a realy stoney/ mellow sort of high enjoy man thats a realy nice strain

:joint: :smoke1: :bongin: :bong:

I have one of those just going into the 9th week of flower today. Yes, it is very bushy and there are buds everywhere, but so are the White Widows that I have in the same bubbler. I vegged them all under about a dozen 30 and 42 watt CFLs and the nodes on all of the plants were only like 3/16" apart. I never topped anything and the NL x BB is all a fairly uniform height with buds everywhere. The buds are not large and they don't seem to have filled in and I don't know if they will. I am starting to see some amber trichs, so the plant will probably come down this week -- at least if more turn amber this week. While the buds aren't large and aren't very tight, there are, as I said, a LOT of them.

I did a couple of test smokes at week 7 and 8 and I agree with Mr. Greenie. When I took my first three hits, I was disappointed because I thought nothing was going to happen. After a few minutes, though, I realized that I had a big grin on my face and I was typing at like 200 mph (and not making ANY errors). I was like a typing fiend. But when I had to drill down to find the right folder for this set of documents, I just stared at my screen trying to figure out what I was doing. I finally gave up because I just didn't care anymore and went to talk to my wife. I sat in a chair and giggled at her for like a half-hour. She just sighed and rolled her eyes. That made me giggle even more.

The high -- and keep in mind, this is with almost no amber trichs -- was very much in the head and right behind the eyes. Absolutely no paranoia or anxiety, which is something I have to be kinda careful of because some weed can give me rushes of anxiety or panic.

Anyway, if you want to see a pic of my NL x BB at about 7 weeks in flower, I have a thread in this same sub-forum called something like, "Almost week 7 in flower -- How do they look?" There are only three plants in there and the NL x BB is all the way on the left. Well, there are actually 4 plants, but one is a NL x BB in soil that is separate and in the background on the right. That plant burned to a crisp when it was a baby because I let it touch a 42 watt CFL. I had heard about how not hot those lights were and didn't realize that 42 watt CFLs get *very* hot. The plant was nothing but solid brown except for the stem and a tiny pin prick of green at the center. Over the next couple of weeks, that green center began to grow and then it began to look like a plant again. This won't mature at the same time so I am going to keep her going for another month or so after the other plants come down. The plant is stunted, but hey, it is filled with buds too. The NL x BB must be pretty hardy and forgiving if it can recover from being burned to toast.

So, to sum up, I wish the buds were larger and tighter. All of my grow is just for me, so I am not at all worried about bag appeal, but still... On the other hand, I will get a lot of smoke from this one plant and I am very happy with the strong and euphoric high. I'll be interested to see how the high develops as more of the trichs turn amber and it gets a proper cure.

i always keep a nothern lights strain in my grop. they produce a lot and are very bug resistent

Latest posts

Back