Can I get alittle help with my state reps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homegrown998

Reaction score
I've written several letters to my states representatives to urge them to get on board with the medical marijuana. Unfortunately He seems to think that its not his problem its a federal matter. Here is what he said as a response to my last letter.

"Thank you for the email expressing your support for the legalization of
marijuana. I appreciate the opinions of my constituents on the issues
that are significant to them.

As a state legislator, I have no influence over this federal issue. If
you would like to contact your federal representatives in Washington, I
have included the contact information for Senators"...

I guess what my question is how would you respond to this letter if it were you without being an *** about it because thats how I'm feeling.

I mean all the states that are med states who got them on, the state reps right?

Sounds like a classic case of Passing the Buck.

He does not want to deal with the issue...

woah. legalization isnt his part.. thats federal. MMJ is his job. that effects the state rule on medical use. one step at a time

I contact mine alot. After telling me that he just didn't think the risk to the kids(lulz) was worth it, he said no to me. played some fake sob paragraph about sick friends urging him and him still thinking no. i kept sending him data and actual info and urges for different bills.

he then told me to stfu and that regardless of what data i sent him he would not change his mind.

how can you say that? if opposite evidence is presented how can you ignore it?

if God came down and showed himself one day and it didnt seem like a high tech/alien trick(more likely) i would bow down before god and profess how i was mistaken.

and thats the least likely thing id change on.

Edit: point out that it is the opinion of the current administration that state law may differ from federal and then educate on the other states and use it as precedent.

I don't know too mutch about what a state reps job is, but I think part of it should be to hear what the peaple of the state want. I need to do some research and find out how you become a state rep. because if the peaple of the state vote on it maybe I can get enough peaple together to vote him out and get some one more open minded. Lotec I'm sorry your in the same situation as me I'd start sending him 3 letters a day now if I were you,lol.. Are there any specific articles or other data that you can link me to that might help me get to my rep? I would use norml but it seems like they overlook anything from them

City, I was talking about mmj I like how CasualGrower put it he is just passing the buck.

i would write a letter asking him "when and if the feds decrim. and it is his problem what will he do about it?"

Read the Erowidpage about pot. go down to the myths and science sections. read thru these and get yr info. Erowid makes sure all work is cited and you can then after gathering the rough info read the cited material and use that.

or atleast read the original and send the rep the cited material as it is more reputable.

erowid is very good with their source keeping.

That's good Clanchattan, thanks i will. see two heads are better than one.

Thanks Lotek, I'll do that. That is what I was trying to ask for a good source that is acurite and based on fact.

Erowid has a larger quantitie and higher caliber information on chemicals, the're history, use, abuse, production, consumption and prohibition than the cdc and nih databases combined.

its superb man, just 2 dedicated hippies and voulenteers for like 15 years.

Latest posts

Back