Can I recover it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YINZER

Reaction score
Hi People,
I'm a new grower and I did something stupid.
I hope someone can help.
I thought one of my outdoor plants was being eaten by bugs, it turned out to be slugs.
I dosed it with Liquid Sevin, it seemed to be safe according to the directions as it can be used on veggies and ornamentals. However, shortly thereafter, I started to notice some white spots on the leaves( like burning) and the new shoots weren't smooth and veiny but wavy and washed out looking, not straight and healthy.
Sorry, no pics, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I use Neem2 greenlight to help with nats & hoppers , warms all natural won't kill you when you smoke the buds.

I use for slugs Cooke pest granules works so far..

I have my plants planted around Tomato plants so they attract alot of bugs.

Sorry,
I've got the bugs and slugs under control, but what can be done to neutralize the effects from the liquid Sevin? I think the Sevin poisoned it, growth seems to be stunted now. Any type of recovery product or method?

YINZER said:
Sorry,
I've got the bugs and slugs under control, but what can be done to neutralize the effects from the liquid Sevin? I think the Sevin poisoned it, growth seems to be stunted now. Any type of recovery product or method?

Liquid seven how did you use it on the plants or around the base.

Look at this link Liquid 7 is (3) Caution!!!!

hxxp://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_Product.jsp?REG_NR=03395500533&DIST_NR=033955

I wouldn't smoke anthing from this plants but I am a newbie I'll look in maybe someone with a bet more knowledge will help us out.

Another link to how bad this stuff is:

hxxp://www.gardnwise.com/documents/msds/10205.pdf

Dangerous to spray a pesticide like that. There are winds to consider, the smell alone will alert your neighbors and any sick or dying animals in the area will be blamed on you.

hxxp://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080525132953AAd4pAD

This might help you
hxxp://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cornucop/msg05135140662.html

Did any get on the soil? I know I was just wondering.

It did get in the soil. However, I transplanted to a new site shortly thereafter.

I would spray the plant wit water to help rinse the chemicals off lightly and If you didn't get any spray on the soil then don't worry about the roots. Just make sure you tilt the plant to the side so when you rinse the plant lightly it won't get any chemicals on the soil.

When was the last water schedule done for the plant.

YINZER said:
It did get in the soil. However, I transplanted to a new site shortly thereafter.

Thats a good thing bro at leat you got a shot of bring her back.

Make sure you rinse her in the morning that way she can bounce back & add some new soil around trunk of the plant to help give healthy nutes back to the plant .

It rained quite a bit after I applied that toxic mess ( Thanks for the links, I'll never use it again) I flush it a little more and hope for the best. I just can't believe something like that is on the market for people who grow veggies. I'm nowhere close to flowering, so if it does survive it looks like the plant should be free of the stuff by that time.

YINZER said:
It rained quite a bit after I applied that toxic mess ( Thanks for the links, I'll never use it again) I flush it a little more and hope for the best. I just can't believe something like that is on the market for people who grow veggies. I'm nowhere close to flowering, so if it does survive it looks like the plant should be free of the stuff by that time.

I will still put some new bag soil like Amazon bloom or Fox Farms Ocean Forest around the the base of the plant to give it naturel nutts. Thats what Old Hippy does & it works I did it on some young plants of mine after notested they where struggling. Just keep on showing some love & she will pull out. Keep me updated on the plants progress & the rest of MP. I couldn't believe how toxic Seven is when I did a referrence search. Man some chemical companies. I hope I help you out...

Latest posts

Back