Canadian newb!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CDN_BUD

Reaction score
hello everyone my name is chad and im from ontario,canada. this is my first time growing but wont be my last.

right now i only have 1 plant thats i started in november and its been flowering for almost 4 weeks its 2.3ft tall. im doing 12 on 12 off for the lighting. i dont know what kind it is cause i got it from a bag of weed. i have 2 clones that i cut off it aswell and theve been cloning for a week.

im using flouros i got 1 cool white 4100k and the other is a plant bulb 2700k has a redish glow. both the flouros are 18inch 15watt. i also have a sylvania cf30el, 30watt, 3000k energy saver bulb. everything seems to be going good but kinda slow. the space there growing in is 3ft tall,30in wide,20in deep.

what type and how many of flouro and/or cfl bulb should i be using for my plant and my clones?

money is a issue im on a realy low budget. i have to use my home depot card to buy everything i can.

First of all, welcome to MP. It's good to have you here my friend. This site is filled with all sorts of information that will help to get you on the right path. I hope you find the answers to all of your questions and if not, there are tons of members on here that are more than willing to help you out in any way possible.

As for your lighting, the more light, the better. Stuff as much light as you can possibly get into your grow space. With floros, you need lots and lots to get decent results in flowering. I would probably try to save some money and pick up a 400 watt hps or something similar. That would increase your yields exponentially over floros. Do you have any pics of your ladies? We would definitely love to see them. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

you what a HPS for flowering dontcha?

Welcome to MP. Glad to have ya here and hope to see ya around. Hope you enjoy the site! ;)

If you want good bud you have to spend money.... At least buy a HPS lamp..

If your on a low budget and cant find what you need at your local Home Depot, I think you can go to there website and get a bigger selection of lights, but you wont find a HPS at Home Depot...I think?

:)

Welcome and good luck with your grow!

Welcome to the site! Got any pictures of your grow? Like smokeybear said, the more lighting the better. Just stuff as many flo's and cfl's that you can afford, you'll want the warm spectrum flo's for flowering. Hps setups can be expensive for a beginner, but have proven the best for flowering.

Kind words indeed. Welcome. Sounds like you got a nice home grow goin on.

:48:

thanks everyone.
headband. no i dont know what HPS is.
this scene is new to me. im used to taking pics at sport compact racing events and car shows lol. ill have some pics up in a lil bit.

chad.

welcome hope you enjoy your stay happy growing and good luck

Latest posts

Back