Cannabinoid Hyperemesis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PencilHead

Reaction score
Newbie question: has anyone heard about this Cannabinoid Hyperemesis? I had a cyclical vomiting thing going on for a while and the doctors at Shands at the U of FL asked how much herb I scorched. I did what any concerned citizen would do--I lied, said not on your life would I do such a thing. Okay, no one believed me because I was sitting there with a black t-shirt with a yin-yan symbol on it and braids in my graying hair. Thank God it wasn't this hypermesis thing--I've only one or two vices anymore and I've grown quite fond of both (good brown beer being the other)--because it would have been curtains for my habit. I laid off for a month or so and had the worst attack yet while totally un-THC-ed. What a relief. Sure, I immediately lit up after that and haven't stopped yet, but still find this condition interesting. The med journals were refering to it as Adelaide Hills morning sickness or something like that, as it seems to have surfaced there first. The case they refered to, the guy was doing like 30 comnes a day--what's a cone? Any input about this obviously tragic condition?

just like to say whats up neighbor,and out of all 3 hospitals we have i always go to one of the other 2(AGH or north florida) over shands i hate how long thye make u wait in there waiting room for u ever get seen.Now as far as a cone no clue what there talking bout.Glad ur feeling better tho;)

Yeah, it was nothing a few Elavil and some good bud wouldn't cure. And like Rocky Racoon said: I'll be better, I'll be better, Doc, just as soon as I am able. The few times I had to do Shands, they were pretty good about time--but I've heard some horror stories about all day Doctor visits there. Hope you're feeling better as well. Getting older sucks.

Cannabinoid Hyperemesis is a previously undiagnosed disorder which occurs in susceptible individuals and is characterised by ongoing cannabis abuse over many years, cyclical episodes of vomiting and compulsive bathing behaviour.The hyperemesis is delayed for several years prior to the onset of illness, and for several weeks or months with a return to regular cannabis use following a period of abstinence. Cessation of cannabis is curative.

Thanks for this post. i learned something that i would regularly would havent even known existed

Cannabinoid Hyperemesis ...

hXXp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1774264

A cone is this ...

hXXp://www.high-land.co.uk/acatalog/joint_cones.html

:peace:

HippyInEngland said:
Cannabinoid Hyperemesis ...

hXXp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1774264

A cone is this ...

hXXp://www.high-land.co.uk/acatalog/joint_cones.html

:peace:
Thanks, fellow Hippie. Seems cones are for blunt burners and newbies, which brings up the question: did this guy use cones because he was no good at rolling or was he such an abuser that he couldn't waste time rolling? My old grandaddy grew tobbacco in S GA so I learned to twist and shout at about 5--but only tobacco back then. I was able to capitalize on the knowledge when I started rolling whatever. Rolling is good/tobacco bad--ended up with a 40 year tobacco habit I just last year beat.

Latest posts

Back