Cannabis bad for the penis: Researcher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Men might want to think twice before smoking their next joint.

The illicit drug has previously been known to have long-term affects on concentration and motivation, but new research from Queen's University in Kingston, Ont., has found that similar receptors exist in men's penises and can also be negatively affected.

"Cannabis is the most widely-used illicit drug globally," said Rany Shamloul, a urologist at the Ottawa Hospital, who led the research. "It is also often used by young, sexually active people who are unaware of the hazardous effects it may be having on their sexual health and performance."

Shamloul said the negative effects may not be felt right after a man smokes a joint, but there is evidence that it may have negative effects in the long term for a chronic pot user.

"A teenager should think twice if he underestimate the effects on his sexual functions later on in his life. He may not feel it right now, but there might be long lasting effects that may really make his sexual performance not enjoyable."

Not everyone agrees with the study.

Conrad Finkle -- who asked that the pseudonym be used -- is a regular pot smoker who believes that smoking marijuana before sex enhances the experience.

"Unlike when you drink alcohol, smoking marijuana makes sex better and takes all the pressure off the event," Finkle says. "It takes all the ugly, worrying anxiety and nerves out of copulation and instead just allows one to connect with their partner both emotionally and physically."

hxxp://tinyurl.com/6e7plo3

I don't believe it. and neither does my wife lol.

:rofl: if smokin before sex is wrong...i don't wanna be right...neither does my girlfriend!

"Cannabis bad for the penis"

....ummm.....well....pretty much everything I do is bad for my penis. So I'm not really worried about it.

:huh: :rofl:

well i guess it's a better scare tactic than the old egg frying "this is your brain on drugs" warnings ;)

I have to say that my own lifelong research into this matter does not bear out the same findings.

:eek: What a crock of crap. Im in my 50,s and have smoked since I was 16. I have no problems,,except talking my Wife of 25yrs into giving it up.:hubba:

The Hemp Goddess said:
I have to say that my own lifelong research into this matter does not bear out the same findings.
You made me laugh out loud.

The Hemp Goddess said:

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

"Unlike when you drink alcohol, smoking marijuana makes sex better and takes all the pressure off the event," Finkle says. "It takes all the ugly, worrying anxiety and nerves out"

I dont get that part. Only time a man should be nervous is if he left the handcuff keys at home, or the wife bust in with a shotgun. Rest of the time its like hitting the lottery. Woo Jackpot!

And alcohol makes it better than bud. That 4 at the bar becomes a 10 around midnight.

Anybody looking to start a grow journal on this phenomenon?

It would appear they're on thier last legs with all these scare tactics.
First it was, you'll go on to harder drugs.
Then; you'll become totaly stupid.
Then; you'll loose all your friends.
Now; your penis wont work.
I wonder what's next?

i can say that after 18 years of constant toking that i have noticed a difference..maybe not due to weed but i find it odd....i don't have a prolem doing it at all....for a very long time..but i do find it hard to achieve..ahem...it. and that was NEVER the case in my 20's.

cubby said:
It would appear they're on thier last legs with all these scare tactics.
First it was, you'll go on to harder drugs.
Then; you'll become totaly stupid.
Then; you'll loose all your friends.
Now; your penis wont work.
I wonder what's next?
Looks like an old country song.
So next would be the dog dyin.
Then your pickup breaks down and the wife leaves.

Dang that pot. Love that dog. :(

Latest posts

Back