Catching colds from sharing bong - Damn it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daiwa13

Daiwa13
Reaction score
Ok, another bad cold.... in the past 6 months, me and my girl have gotten about 4-5 colds...usually pretty harsh ones. We mainly hang out with another couple, but my friends girl works with kids daily and always seems to be sick with a cold. The last cold, they finally admitted to being sick after it being brought up that we got sick from them. Mostly they seem to hide it, and call us "weird" and funny when we ***** about it. I don't want to seem rude/germaphobe , but I have never got this many colds.... I am going to start to use my own pipe/bong and protecting myself more. What can I do?

Its good school is almost over then.
Brush or Listerine/mouthwash after taking a few pulls will kill some germs.
I dont think its rude. Maybe they are just a little embarrassed to admit it.
Might want to take your own bong. But if they are sick, I just wouldnt hang around that much. Sitting there with them for long periods can make you just as sick. Its how she gets sick at school. Doubt shes getting sick from taking bong rips after the little guys.

Happened to me a few times. A buddy would have a cold, hang with us and toke the bong a few times. Next couple of days I come down with a cold. It's good to have a spare pipe/bong for the person with the cold to toke out of. Remember to take your vitamin C ;).

Hard to judge to hang out or not, They don't tell us there sick. There good friends, so its hard not to hang out as well. Listerine is a good idea, maybe some hand sanitizer until school is over. I am not a germaphobe, I handle dirty stuff, so I don't really mind sharing.

Forgot all about hand sanitizer. That stuff is great. Wife makes sure each vehicle has one, and she carries the little bottles everywhere in her purse.
Anytime we come out the market or anywhere shes like, "hold out your hand" And gives me a shot.

And since. I can actually only remember 1 time of even having a cold (Knock on wood) in the past few years. Last time was near 2 years ago when riding an elevator at a hospital with a kid so sick he was throwing up. Which was my own ignorance for not just waiting.

Well spearchucker, it sounds like you don't get colds very easily since your last cold was 2 years ago! My most recent cold was about 2 weeks ago... Not sure where I got it from, went out in the woods for a grow spot scout, came back with a cough, and next thing you know I've got a cold a day later. Sheesh.

To be fair. I had bone shrapnel removal go wrong, was on antibiotics for months and months.... Twice. lol
But since last summer being off. Nothing.
Helps the kids all gone too.

When your kids start to school all of you almost die for a few years, then you get this wonderful resistance to most everything except pancreatic cancer--then the kids are gone. Then the grand kids show up snotty nosed and it all starts over again. We call it life for lack of a better term.

I don't make any bones about it. I will be rude. If your ill, don't come visit me.
I don't consider 'that' any more rude, or less considerate, than some one feeling it's "okay" to expose me to an illness.
I'm in no way germophobic. But I do wash my hands 'several' times a day, and I'm continually aftr the grandkids to do the same.
The convenient bottle of "hand sanitizer" is a fantastic idea!..

Children in public education are certainly walking little epidemics. As mentioned above, every time I visit my grandkids, the wife and I both catch everything going around. EVERY time:) :) :)

For bong protection, any liquid with alcohol content should keep ya safe. (Perhaps some Listerine IN the bong? Wow!!!:confused: ) Whatever tastes good, have a paper towel or something moistened with it, and wipe the rim of the bong before hitting it. As a cover for the "rudeness" factor, make a party gimmick out of it. Everyone has their own paper towel with their preference of sanitizer. Tequilla, Brandy, mouthwash, whatever. Or maybe some little individual spray bottles? Ya might start a new fad.

when my old lady and i are sick we walk around with 2 pipes. problem solved. one for us or for the sick one of us, and one for the other/rest.

lotek said:
when my old lady and i are sick we walk around with 2 pipes. problem solved. one for us or for the sick one of us, and one for the other/rest.

Do ya ever get a good buzz going and loose track of which one is which?:) :) :)

Some good ideas coming, I take a mens 1 a day but thats only 90mg of C. Going to go get some 500mg tabs, and drink a bunch of water today. Glad I have my vape, can hardly take a hit without it burning! I am definitely taking some kind of action, when do kids usually go on summer break?

One big problem is when they pack a bowl, and hand the bong over right after they hit it. What to do then? Say, Na taking a bong break? And just hit my pipe? That right there is grounds for them to call us germaphobe/weird. Its not like they have the only stash, we both have are own herbs.

Try pressing your lips to your fingers (index + thumb in shape of bong opening), and your fingers to the bong. :D

I just tell my friends like it is! I just say, hey you got a cold and I don't want to catch it. Or you can always take you lighter and burn the end or you pipe before every hit. I do that all the time anyways. I am a bit of a germaphobe. Maybe I am a little rude sometimes, but I do not catch colds or flus. The last time I had either was in 2003.

Also, like King Bud said "smoke off your fingers". Anytime I hit a joint with people, I smoke from my index and thumb.

Hope you get well and stay well.

HazeMe

hi there diawa 13 !! and all !! i can't say i have ever caught a cold from a bong ...but i do know a lot of people that do ..i just watch them pack their tobacco and mj into the bong and within days they have a cold or cold sores ! the bonus for me is that no one around these parts smokes strait bud ..so i am saved ...due to the fact that i do !! peace ! Take care !

I used to live in the city and work at a Home Depot, I got sick constantly. Now I live in the sticks, have no friends, never see or talk to anyone, and never get sick!:D So that's the answer, become a hermit and move to a rural area. My mom used to be rude as hell to people because she never shook hands with anyone. She would say,"sorry, I don't shake hands with other people". Of course that wasn't because she didn't want a cold, it was because she didn't like other people.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back