central A/C helpers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

halzey68

im building a room , the house has central a/c . i found some vent fans at Home Depot for about $35. place them over the a/c vent and waa laa, doubled the cooling for that room.they come on automatically when the detect air flow, so no need for timers. thought you all would like to know. they work pretty darn good , i noticed a substantial drop in room temp. we'll see how it goes when the light are running. Stay COOOOOOOL!:cool:

correct but they are loud. I just experimented with one that is 8 in. and 350 cfm. My new 590 cfm centrifugal fan is 1/4 as quiet and cost only twice as much. No vibration and virtually no noise. I do not recommend the in line duct axial fans if you are not the only person that will "ever" be in your house. You could literally ere it on the second floor from the basement.

with central cooling you can have smells travel to the other rooms, you should block the air ways and keep some fans in side the rooms , cause changing of the temp, when growing cant hurt growing as well as flowing stages causing complications as in the dreaded Hermie, or even death to a plant whats the temp when the fan is on? and when its off (as in the system a/c) is there a difference with the smaller fan? you sure that room wont get that cold? these are things to look at ahead a time

what i have is called a "Register Booster" by suncourt model 'EQUALIZER EQ2' . Does not seem to be any louder that any of the fans i have. Here in California, you usually have a fan going. I sleep with one a couple feet from my head, so i really wouldnt notice the noise, but seems quiet. mine are mounted on the ceiling to push the cool air down while i have a exhaust fan with carbor filter for each room.a 4" high velocity fan picking up cool air from the a/c pushing it through 2 1000w supersun's,1 MH, 1 sodium. Ill try to get a picture . i started a roll for the build from empty room with pile of stuff for it. cya soon
:hubba:
ohhhhh , this is only a 4 or 5 inch fan.

im going to try and upload a pic, so bear with me. lol not quite what i had in mind,m maybe next time. i hat this HP photosmart express program

well, room is almost done and not to shabby. I put in a 2nd vent in bloom room so there are 2 a/c vent in a 8x11 room with a divider cutting it almost in half. on each vent i put a "vent booster" with a 12" fan mounted on the wall a foot or so below the a/c duct and helper. this just pulls cool air down and circulates in each room seperately. In both the bloom and veg room right above the 1000w lights high as possible, is a exhaust fan ducted to the outside through a carbon filter. I used regular kitchen/bath exhaust fans flowing through a "y" to the carbon filter, these fans are nice because they have a built-in" flapper, that shuts when fans is off, this way if one is on and one is off, you wont be exhausting just into the other room! Now I also use a 4" high velocity to cool my lights, it pulls cool air from the a/c and vents outside through a carbon filter also. I get my Babies tonight so ill let ya know what my temps are running after a get a light on. a couple months more before both light are running. I took pics so ill be posting them soon. Thanks for all the help, burn 1 for me!

Latest posts

Back