Cheap irrigation setup to sustain 1-2 plants for a week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using these, and haven't had issues with them at all. No moving parts... In my last experience with using a pump and timer the timer failed on (or I programmed it wrong), emptied the reservoir the first night and burned up the pump.
1715606989848.jpeg

I've been using these, and haven't had issues with them at all. No moving parts... In my last experience with using a pump and timer the timer failed on (or I programmed it wrong), emptied the reservoir the first night and burned up the pump.

Looks interesting, never heard of those. Although it doesn't look like they can hold a whole lot of water. How often do you have to refill them?

Looks interesting, never heard of those. Although it doesn't look like they can hold a whole lot of water. How often do you have to refill them?
The smaller ones go about a week with a plant in veg, a few days in flower. The larger pots last a lot longer depending on the size of the plant. This one went 10 days in flower while I was in Costa Rica. I think I could have gotten two full weeks had I topped it off right before I left.

1715771681857.png

The smaller ones go about a week with a plant in veg, a few days in flower. The larger pots last a lot longer depending on the size of the plant. This one went 10 days in flower while I was in Costa Rica. I think I could have gotten two full weeks had I topped it off right before I left.

Cool. I think I'll get one when I need it. I rarely leave town, unfortunately.

What kind of weird strain is that in your picture?

I left my ebb and flow several times for more than 2 weeks longest was 18 days and the system never failed. In my decades of growing i rarely had to replace submersible pumps or timers. I could have set a second pump and timer as a second source for backup but being so rare i took the risk.

I left my ebb and flow several times for more than 2 weeks longest was 18 days and the system never failed. In my decades of growing i rarely had to replace submersible pumps or timers. I could have set a second pump and timer as a second source for backup but being so rare i took the risk.
When I was running a 6 plant DWC I was able to leave it for a couple of weeks with no major issues. I did have to put a float valve in so I could keep the water level constant.

When I was running a 6 plant DWC I was able to leave it for a couple of weeks with no major issues. I did have to put a float valve in so I could keep the water level constant.

One more question about the AC Infinity base: can I put it under the pot at any time? Or does it require setting up before I transplant from cup to pot?

One more question about the AC Infinity base: can I put it under the pot at any time? Or does it require setting up before I transplant from cup to pot?
It has to have some established roots, deep enough to reach the moisture coming from the bottom. I lost a seedling early on, because I stopped watering it a little too soon. But you can put it on the pot immediately and water from the top until its roots get deep enough.

Latest posts

Back