Choosing seed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Jam

Reaction score
Indica vs Sativa. I've spent a lot of time choosing seed. Thought I'd try several different strains some Sativa and some Indica. Now I read that if you let your Sativa go too long the Sativa high get more like Indica high. Will I see more difference in the two strains or more from harvest timing of only one of the strains.
JimJam

What are you looking for? A kinda speedy up high or a relaxed or stoned out of your gourd, good for sleep high?

From what I think I have read, I can get a Sativia high harvested early and more of an Indica after the buds show amber.

That is true.

Most of what we grow are hybrids of the two. Pure sativas take longer to finish and if you wait for the amber you will have a very long flowering time. Indica dominates can be done in 8 weeks flower time.

That is why I asked what you were looking for.

Harvesting early will get you a mellower high, but sativa and indica highs are different. IMO. Sativas to me are way more in the head, creative, want to do stuff. Indica, more sit on the couch and watch tv, body high. Early indica still makes me want to sit on the couch. Just not as potent as a later harvested indica that I contemplate getting up to get a snack for 45 minutes... Just my .02

EDIT: Agree with Rose, but thats where the strain comes in. I'm no veteran grower, but if its sativa dom, you'll get a sativa high regardless when you harvest. Indica, the same. Right??? :confused2: In my few grows I've taken early and late from each plant, and that's what it seemed like to me.

I'm mainly just wanting to sample. Kind of like a wine tasting.

It looks like you could grow a pure Sativa and a pure Indica, then mix the two in different ratios in the pipe, rather than being stuck with one variety say 40% Indica and 60% Sativa

Jim Jam said:
From what I think I have read, I can get a Sativia high harvested early and more of an Indica after the buds show amber.

IMO, not really. Like ston-loc said, the high from sativas and indicas is different. If you harvest a sativa dominant later with a lot of amber trichs, you just get a sativa high that isn't as uppy. Indicas give you more of a heavy, lethargic feeling, even if harvested earlier.

Hybrids are not the same as mixing a bit of sativa and a bit of indica and throwing it into your pipe. I suppose that you could do that, but I prefer finding strains with the kind of high I am looking for and growing that. Pure sativas simply take too long for me and I can get the nice uppy high I want from a hybrid that takes only 9-10 weeks. I am still looking for a knock-me-down indica.

THG said:
I am still looking for a knock-me-down indica.

I find that extremely funny coming from you..:laugh: The picture in my head was hilarious.:)

What hybrid do you recommend for fairly quick growth with a giggly high?

C99 is fairly quick and has a giggly/sativa high. Give that a try.

Jim Jam said:
What hybrid do you recommend for fairly quick growth with a giggly high?

Yeah something with C99 in it...maybe Satori.

Latest posts

Back