cloneing from outside plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mendo local

Med Grower
Reaction score
I had a couple purps that I threw outside a few months ago. Now my buddy who I gave a clone too, wants a few more clones. These purps have been in the weather and are budding, but are totally healthy.
Can I clone from these?
The stalks are really thick and strong. Do you guys think the lone will root?
I took clones a few hours ago.
Comments and help are appreciated

PS the purps were only like 12 inches tall if it matters

Pic, thoughts?

purpeeeeeee.jpg

looks nice,but like all marijuana plants it should just take a bit longer to root.good luck for i was wondering the other day about taking clones from outside,but then realized its the same plant i have going inside and considered the outcome to be the same.im sure someone will have some more specifics for ya:p

You can take clones from outside and they will root fine. The problem is the bugs you might bring inside with them. The clones will take a little while to reveg but they will be fine.

Thanks guys, I will update with their progress. We will see how they do.

they just take longer when they have been flowering. I have taken clones at harvest.

BuddyLuv said:
they just take longer when they have been flowering. I have taken clones at harvest.

How long did they take to root? And how long till they reveged? Im just wondering how long it might be until these are normal and ready to veg normally.

It took my WW@10 weeks of flower 2 weeks to root and another 2 to revert back to veg. I have pic up on one of my grows somewhere. It looked like a little brown bud sticking out of some hydroton (looked dead), but she came back around. I am glad I did becuase she is a very nice plant I am keeping around.

Latest posts

Back