Constructing indoor box, best dimensions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gods Advocate

Reaction score
I would like to construct a box to begin growing with. I plan on using 2x4s as framing and using 1/4 to 1/2inch plywood as the walls.

I would like to be able to use this to grow 4 to 8 plants. The strains will be ww, and ak48.

Two questions now,

Typically, what is the height and width of each of these strains at full growth and size? (whats the biggest they could ever get and should be allowed to get)

AND

What would you guys suggest as the proper size for a box that i would construct to be able to this. Height width depth???

Thanks in advance.

Your questions depend on a lot of things. They can get as big as you let them. You control the size by topping, lst and light schedule. As far as dimensions, it's all about what you like, how the lights and room are being vented. I'd suggest 5wx5lx7h. But this still depends on your light wattage, i'm considering what i'm using(600w).

alright. Yea, thats a good sized box. Ok, so i have a question. Will my yield be a direct reflection on how big i let them get? I hypothesis that this is true to a certain point. Obviously if i keep them 1 foot tall the yield will be a lot different than if they were allowed to be 5 feet tall. BUT is there a difference in yield when you are talking abouut keeping them say 3.5ft tall, and allowing them to get 5.5 ft tall?

Yes, you will see a big dif in plants with a 2 ft height dif!

Actually 4lx4w might do the trick. My room is 2 1/2ftlx3ftw and I currently have six plants in it.

nice. and can you grow the six plants from beginning to end in that size of room? how tall is your grow room?
So is it safe to say, bigger the plant, the better? (yield wise)

Yes. If you look at outdoor plants that are allowed to grow naturally...Some get upwards of 7 feet easy. I've heard of much taller plants than even that though. And they yield a tremendous amount.

Latest posts

Back