couple questions before the indoor season begins!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sillysara

Reaction score
hi al
im going to be starting a indoor grow in about a month, living over here in england and i have a couple of questions regardin WATT'S i hope to run a total of 6,000 watts with out pulling any attention my self,
A friend mentioned a silent diesel generater where i could use with elictricity and both working togather without bringing on any heat on my self,most of those watts will be used durin 12/12..as i can use the cfl's before flower..any ideas or in put be great..SS

Afternoon Sara :)

How big is your grow area? 6k worth of W is quite a handful.

The gen will make a lot of fumes, where will you put it?

maybe it was going overboard wit 6,ooo watts more like 4000,
i do not wnt to grow to 2 to 3 times a year no more..aint no commercial an i do have medical CARD.. yes if want to grow enough mj for year i wud rather have a generator wih my home at the smae size with all thay siad i do not want to rise any eyebrows,,
oh yes hippy, if i wer ?.?? to get a generater it would be in a seprate area,, need sum idea's:eek:

is it really efficient to use a gas generator for 12 hours everyday for 8 weeks? With the price of fuel, I would imagine this would be a major expense and not really economical. Not to mention that it would not be helping the enviroment burning all of that fuel constantly.

IMO, a better alternative would be to look into something like solar energy.

prob. would not be good for ballast. surge of power could damage ballast and void warranty.

Good Luck.

Reactions: daf
what wud a diesal generator go for a nite plus puttin bout 3500 worth of watts £££? ,is quite clear that i cud not use that power in the house to much ..as ye all said..ders some genators out der that are silent and are diesal..this is a tricky topic for sure but im hopin for help..i have friend who can change day time minutes in to nite minutes,,he's a sparky buts all the same 2 me coz i flower at nite
..all the same den grrrr, . . i cud manage getting away with 1500 hunrd watts but a gene cud do up for the rest of 2000 wats i hope lol
well guys ty

if you ahve medical card ..then whos eyebrows are you worried about riseing?..if you pay your bill they dont care what you use it for..at least hear in the USA..I run 800 watts in veg for 18 hrs...and 1000 in flower for 12 hrs..and the fans abd exhaust...IMO..you are going to raise more eyebrows with that generator runnin hours on end..and unless you build a quite box for generator..and the fumes..where would you vent them/..Good luck withthis

Yep the price of fuel I'd have to agree with everyone it will cost too much.

Also, I have never heard a quiet generator let alone a silent one, you might want to see one running in person first before laying out any cash.

The generator will have to sit outside and that will attract attention unless you build a dog house like structure around it.

I assume you know not to run it in the house with yourself.

Maybe you should look into alternative energy, like a wind turbine. They have great step by step intructions for that kind of stuff that are nice, simple, and cheap at the sights MAKEZINE.COM and INSTRUCTABLES.COM.

The generator would almost have to be put outside, venting carbon monoxide needs to be done correctly or could be lethal. There are some great commercial generators available that are quite efficient on gas. The one I have for when i lose power(in the winter) can run my major appliances for days off just a few gallons. but rather than doing such a large crop maybe a SOG would be easier and not arouse suspicion from the power company. either way, good luck!

sillysara said:
maybe it was going overboard wit 6,ooo watts more like 4000,
i do not wnt to grow to 2 to 3 times a year no more..aint no commercial an i do have medical CARD.. yes if want to grow enough mj for year i wud rather have a generator wih my home at the smae size with all thay siad i do not want to rise any eyebrows,,
oh yes hippy, if i wer ?.?? to get a generater it would be in a seprate area,, need sum idea's:eek:

No such thing as a Medical Marijuana Card in the UK.

You do not need to lie to us.

Thanks Hippy, I was going to ask if you have MMJ in the U.K. Didn't think so.

cadlakmike1 said:
The generator would almost have to be put outside, venting carbon monoxide needs to be done correctly or could be lethal. There are some great commercial generators available that are quite efficient on gas. The one I have for when i lose power(in the winter) can run my major appliances for days off just a few gallons. but rather than doing such a large crop maybe a SOG would be easier and not arouse suspicion from the power company. either way, good luck!

Not to hijack this thread, but could you let me know what kind/size generator you have. Mine is fairly noisy and not at all efficient. I also use mine for power outages (whatever time of the year they happen), also.

me 3... i think it's just the idea of a hot pot smoking vampire chick....i could be wrong.....nah...it's the tokin' vampire chick

Latest posts

Back