curling leaves help :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mics7277

Reaction score
Yes this is my first grow which some of you might remember me.But my plant is a white rhino fem from green house,i started from seed.she is taking 3 part flora using the expert feeding program.i keep her in huge walk in closet now till i get a tent set up.But i noticed her temps were running about 82 degrees.Now i got it and im going to keep it around 74.She is almost 7 weeks old.I vegged her for 6 weeks and just flipped her this past wed.her temps stay at about 74 now with humidity stays arounnd 25 to 40.Im using a 400 switchable and she is in flowering now.im using 3 part flora,florilicious bloom,liquid boom,nectar pinneapple rush.I have the drip going 24/7 and the light is about 15 inches from the top.I have a huge standing fan constantly blowing air in for circulation.I have her on 12/12 light cycle.I keep her ph between 5.8 and 6.1 she doestn really drift much.maybe 2 points at night.Her ppms are around 1320 with no signs what so ever of burn.But her leaves are curling and i have a few pics.Any idea?All help would be appreciated.Do you guys think anything is wrong or am i just being a paranoid newbie?

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

8.jpg

get rid of the mirror

What kind of light is she under? - nevermind - 400 switchable

I might give it a little more time and see how things go. Some times switching the light can lead to some minor stress.? Maybe? The plants looks good. She could be a little pH sensitive also.

Pc's right about the mirror - it actually absorbs minor amounts of light to reflect what you see. I had a grow room in an old dance studio once and increased my yeild simply by covering the mirrors with Mylar.

lol i just moved that mirror lol i justwas moving it.i never had it in there turned around lol .thanks for the help :) this is my first grow so everything little thing sets off flags.I guess iwill learn at time goes by thanks for the feed back guys

I think they look good to...I would guess maybe a little stress from the light switch to...but they look good nothing to be concerned about IMO.

thanks everyone :) i love you guys not in a gay way lol

The first thing I would ask is why would you have drip going 24/7?
Of course I am not a hydro grower. I do have a waterfarm-I had problems because of ph issues-why I went to soil.

I have heard of hydro growers setting timers so the plants have a dry cycle-not exactly but close...There will be a hydro grower on here shortly-lol

Gb

it looks like a slight ph problem

well her ph drifts from 5.7 to about 6.0 in like 12 hours.Is that bad ?I have seen a couple people say it might be ph problems.If im keeping her between 5.7 and 6.1 at all times,where should be keeping her?This is my first plant and im probaly going to stick to this strain for a bit so i guess i better start learning what she likes the most.

as far as the drip i have read its better and been told by gh themselves and a the hydro store also said just run the drip 24/7 and you will be fine.I thought about getting a timer and setting it up in some intervals but i really havent had any issues.She is growing like a beast.Other then her leaves curling like that i really havent had any issues.

sorry for so many post but these seeds are from greenhouse seed company.and on there website they have a video of white rhino growing.In there video it shows them keeping the plant at 5.5 ph during veg and 5.7 during flowing.Should maybe focus on keeping her at there ph?

if you are running a drip 24/7 (like i do) make sure you have your solution aerated properly. i have an air pump with tubes going to all my rez's with an air stone on the end. IMO you do not overwater plants you underoxygenate the roots. we grow well in DWC right :). i personally run a 24/7 drip after roots are established and do ok but i do also throw away the ones that cant take it :). i expect and respect different replies and opinions. good luck. happy growing.

One doesn't need to supply extra air to a drip system like a Waterfarm. You will not airate the water any better than the dripper already does. Run drippers 24/7 to get o2 to the roots.

I get the same leaf droop that you have there. I believe it is from low light levels to the lower leaves. It never caused any problems for me.

The plant looks great.:)

Thats a good point Metro, about it only being on the lower leaves. That comment made me look at the pics again, and I believe metro is right. If you look at your plants the top 1/2 all your leaves are standing tall at a Y, so your plant is happy. My lowers that do not recieve the strong light do this to. I didn't think of this before Metro said something. It wouldn't hurt to try to run your pH in those lower ranges I wouldn't think, but I'm a dirt farmer...lol..what do I know?

could also be a slight overferting

thanks for all the in put.I keep a 6 inch stone in the rez also.I have been keeping her ph at 5.8 to 6.1 im going to try and keep it between 5.5 and 5.7 now for a few days and see if it changesing anything.her leaves were barely starting to droop over like that maybe 2 weeks before i flipped her lights to 12/12.Now that i flipped her lights more of the leaves seem to drooping now.This is my first plant.So i have seen a couple of you say this happens to you as well dont worry about it.IM mixing exactly like gh is telling me to and everything has been fine.Her leaves are drooping but she is still growing very well.

hey everyone i had another question.This plant has some huge fan leafs.Is it ok to prune them off every now and then?Will it hurt the plant if i cut them off every other week or so so that more light can get to the plant?Any thoughts?those huge leafs block alot of light.

those huge leafs are where most photosynthesis occurs, theyr like the plants solar panels and provide it with energy so to answer your question, NO it is NOT ok to cut them off at all

Latest posts

Back